PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia to launch GeForce 9 series in February

NV55
December 2nd 07, 08:00 PM
Nvidia to launch GeForce 9 series in February

Monica Chen, Taipei; Emily Chuang, DIGITIMES [Friday 30 November 2007]

Nvidia is ready for its next-generation GPU launch. According to
sources at graphics card makers, the company plans to launch its
GeForce 9 series GPU after the Lunar New Year in February.

The first chip to rollout of in GeForce 9 family will be the D9E, a
high-end product that adopts 65nm manufacturing. The new product will
also support DirectX 10.1 and Shader Model 4.1, revealed the sources.

In addition to the D9E, Nvidia will roll out a mid-range GeForce 9
family product named D9P in June 2008. The new GPU will adopt 55nm
processing, the sources pointed out.

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20071129PD216.html

December 14th 07, 01:01 PM
On Dec 2, 8:00 pm, NV55 > wrote:
> In addition to the D9E, Nvidia will roll out a mid-range GeForce 9
> family product named D9P in June 2008. The new GPU will adopt 55nm
> processing, the sources pointed out.
> http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20071129PD216.html

If you read carefully through most of the reviews of 8800GT(S) in the
past couple of weeks and
latest articles about 3SLI:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/msi-nx8800gt.html
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/leadtek-8800gt-extreme.html
http://it-review.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2432&Itemid=91
http://it-review.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2121&Itemid=91
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20071213151146_Nvidia_Officially_Unwraps_3_Way_SLI _Technology.html
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20071204130609_Nvidia_Readies_GeForce_9_Series_Dir ectX_10_1_Graphics_Processors.html

.... and so on - you get the feeling that the lacsture performance in
terms of product
availability is actually something pre-meditated before the new 9
series launch. Also,
a lot of people have been talking about some kind of GX2-series cards
before the NV
9 series come out... very, very interesting the year 2008 will be :-)

NV55
December 15th 07, 11:12 PM
On Dec 14, 4:01 am, wrote:
> On Dec 2, 8:00 pm, NV55 > wrote:
>
> > In addition to the D9E, Nvidia will roll out a mid-range GeForce 9
> > family product named D9P in June 2008. The new GPU will adopt 55nm
> > processing, the sources pointed out.
> >http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20071129PD216.html
>
> If you read carefully through most of the reviews of 8800GT(S) in the
> past couple of weeks and
> latest articles about 3SLI:
>
> http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/msi-nx8800gt.htmlhttp://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/leadtek-8800gt-extreme...http://it-review.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2432&I...http://it-review.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2121&I...http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20071213151146_Nvidia_Offi...http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20071204130609_Nvidia_Read...
>
> ... and so on - you get the feeling that the lacsture performance in
> terms of product
> availability is actually something pre-meditated before the new 9
> series launch. Also,
> a lot of people have been talking about some kind of GX2-series cards
> before the NV
> 9 series come out... very, very interesting the year 2008 will be :-)

there's supposed to be a dual-G92 card coming out to counter the dual-
RV670 based R680.