PDA

View Full Version : Dual Video Cards PCI and AGP

miked85
November 20th 07, 11:17 PM
Currently I am running a 7800GS APG and a FX5500 PCI simultaneously
utilizing three monitors and am having issues pluging in a TV. When i
bought the PCI card to add a third monitor, i wasn't sure if it would
even work. Has anyone ever attempted this before? No game i've even
been able to get on two monitors. My question is can i run a tv while
not disrupting the three displays? when i activate the tv it takes the
middle display to the tv and mixes up the other 2 displays. Is there a
better way of achieving what i want without upgrading my motherboard?
Thank you very very much for your time and knowledge!

-Mike Donahue

P4 3.2 GHz Prescott
3GB DDR400
2x74GB Raptor RAID 0
GeForce 7800GS 256mb
GeForce FX5500 128mb
3x Samsung 17" 172N

DaveW[_5_]
November 21st 07, 12:46 AM
No can do, I'm afraid.

--
--DaveW
"miked85" > wrote in message
> Currently I am running a 7800GS APG and a FX5500 PCI simultaneously
> utilizing three monitors and am having issues pluging in a TV. When i
> bought the PCI card to add a third monitor, i wasn't sure if it would
> even work. Has anyone ever attempted this before? No game i've even
> been able to get on two monitors. My question is can i run a tv while
> not disrupting the three displays? when i activate the tv it takes the
> middle display to the tv and mixes up the other 2 displays. Is there a
> better way of achieving what i want without upgrading my motherboard?
> Thank you very very much for your time and knowledge!
>
> -Mike Donahue
>
> P4 3.2 GHz Prescott
> 3GB DDR400
> 2x74GB Raptor RAID 0
> GeForce 7800GS 256mb
> GeForce FX5500 128mb
> 3x Samsung 17" 172N

First of One[_2_]
November 21st 07, 04:15 AM
"miked85" > wrote in message
> Currently I am running a 7800GS APG and a FX5500 PCI simultaneously
> utilizing three monitors and am having issues pluging in a TV. When i
> bought the PCI card to add a third monitor, i wasn't sure if it would
> even work. Has anyone ever attempted this before?

So you have two monitors plugged into the 7800GS, and the third monitor
plugged into the FX5500. Now you are trying to drive the TV from the FX5500,
correct?

> No game i've even been able to get on two monitors.

If you have two monitors on one card set up in clone mode, the games should
show up on both monitors. If you want to span a game across two monitors
(wrap-around like), it will require specific game support. Most games won't
span.

> My question is can i run a tv while
> not disrupting the three displays? when i activate the tv it takes the
> middle display to the tv and mixes up the other 2 displays.

You need to explain this in detail.

> Is there a better way of achieving what i want without upgrading my
> motherboard? Thank you very very much for your time and knowledge!

Motherboard has nothing to do with this. You need two GPUs to drive three
monitors.