PDA

View Full Version : What do you guy think the life of a 8800GTX is?

Jarablue
November 5th 07, 09:09 AM
Just bought an eVGA 8800GTX card. I am guessing I should be good for a year
no? What do you guys think? Had to use tin snips on my Atec Solo case but
oooooo.....so worth it.

Conor[_2_]
November 5th 07, 02:28 PM
In article >, Jarablue says...
> Just bought an eVGA 8800GTX card. I am guessing I should be good for a year
> no? What do you guys think? Had to use tin snips on my Atec Solo case but
> oooooo.....so worth it.

More than a year. My 7800GT still has no problem with games.

--
Conor

I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.

Man-wai Chang ToDie
November 5th 07, 02:36 PM
> More than a year. My 7800GT still has no problem with games.

Same with my 7600GT. I don't have to play games in maximum detail
settings. ;)

--
@[email protected] Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.1

Augustus
November 5th 07, 08:44 PM
"Jarablue" > wrote in message
> Just bought an eVGA 8800GTX card. I am guessing I should be good for a
> year no? What do you guys think? Had to use tin snips on my Atec Solo
> case but oooooo.....so worth it.

I'm still using a eVGA 7800GTX OC 512Mb.....runs Bioshock on max settings
at 1152x864 on my FX57 no problem. 2 years old now.

John Adams
November 5th 07, 09:10 PM
Augustus wrote:

> I'm still using a eVGA 7800GTX OC 512Mb.....runs Bioshock on max settings
> at 1152x864 on my FX57 no problem. 2 years old now.

That resolution is ok if you have a crt but on a 22" widescreen LCD with
native res of 1680x1050 it will look like crap.

Maincat
November 5th 07, 10:50 PM
"Jarablue" > wrote in message
> Just bought an eVGA 8800GTX card. I am guessing I should be good for a
> year no? What do you guys think? Had to use tin snips on my Atec Solo
> case but oooooo.....so worth it.
So you want a 400 video card to last a year? For me it would last a
lifetime and stuff the games.

Augustus
November 6th 07, 01:19 AM
"John Adams" > wrote in message
m...
> Augustus wrote:
>

>> I'm still using a eVGA 7800GTX OC 512Mb.....runs Bioshock on max
>> settings at 1152x864 on my FX57 no problem. 2 years old now.
>
> That resolution is ok if you have a crt but on a 22" widescreen LCD with
> native res of 1680x1050 it will look like crap.

I run it on my Samsung 940B LCD (1280x1024) and it looks perfect....3D games
act and look differently at non-native resolutions than the regular 2D at
non-native resolution.

Man-wai Chang ToDie
November 6th 07, 10:08 AM
> Not me with my almost 11 months old GeForce 7950 GT KO video card. I
> need prettiness and details! I am willing to sacrifice some anisotropic
> (usually play at 16X) and not use FSAA. I only play at 1280x1024 native
> resolution, and I have problems playing some newer games (e.g., Crysis
> demo at 10-13 FPS) with at full settings. :(

Maybe I should spend more time in real sport to lose a few KGs. Being a
sitting duck would increase my weight. :)

--
@[email protected] Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.23.1
^ ^ 17:07:01 up 4 days 3:38 2 users load average: 0.01 0.15 0.17
news://news.3home.net news://news.hkpcug.org news://news.newsgroup.com.hk

Sam
November 6th 07, 04:19 PM
On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 03:09:12 -0500, "Jarablue"
> wrote:

>Just bought an eVGA 8800GTX card. I am guessing I should be good for a year
>no? What do you guys think? Had to use tin snips on my Atec Solo case but
>oooooo.....so worth it.

Well that is a dumb question. But I won't get into it cause I'd rather
fart than follow this thread. What children.

Sam

Jarablue
November 8th 07, 05:46 AM
Thanks for lettting me know you'd rather blow ass wind than follow this
thread. Would it be too much if I said I'd rather drink **** water instead
of reading your post?

"What children"

Yes, you certainly are.

"Sam" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 03:09:12 -0500, "Jarablue"
> > wrote:
>
>>Just bought an eVGA 8800GTX card. I am guessing I should be good for a
>>year
>>no? What do you guys think? Had to use tin snips on my Atec Solo case
>>but
>>oooooo.....so worth it.
>

> Well that is a dumb question. But I won't get into it cause I'd rather
> fart than follow this thread. What children.
>

> Sam

Sam
November 9th 07, 06:13 AM
On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 23:46:56 -0500, "Jarablue"
> wrote:

>Thanks for lettting me know you'd rather blow ass wind than follow this
>thread. Would it be too much if I said I'd rather drink **** water instead
>of reading your post?

Well.....Your here and you posted following me sooooo I guess you're a
liar like me.

HA!!

Sam

>"What children"
>
>Yes, you certainly are.
>

>"Sam" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 03:09:12 -0500, "Jarablue"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>Just bought an eVGA 8800GTX card. I am guessing I should be good for a
>>>year
>>>no? What do you guys think? Had to use tin snips on my Atec Solo case
>>>but
>>>oooooo.....so worth it.
>>

>> Well that is a dumb question. But I won't get into it cause I'd rather
>> fart than follow this thread. What children.
>>

>> Sam

Patrician
November 9th 07, 02:55 PM
"Augustus" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "Jarablue" > wrote in message
>> Just bought an eVGA 8800GTX card. I am guessing I should be good for a
>> year no? What do you guys think? Had to use tin snips on my Atec Solo
>> case but oooooo.....so worth it.
>
> I'm still using a eVGA 7800GTX OC 512Mb.....runs Bioshock on max settings
> at 1152x864 on my FX57 no problem. 2 years old now.

Max settings in Bioshock include DX10 so you are not playing it on "maxed
settings".

Patrician
November 9th 07, 02:58 PM
"John Edmister" > wrote in message
> I'm running an XFX 7800GTX single, no SLI, and spend the majority of my
> time playing bf2142. FPS=70-120 at 1280x1024 native rez with everything
> cranked up, and on hi, AA is 4x I believe, on my 17" DVI LCD LG monitor. I
> told santa aka my wife I'd like a spankin new 22+ inch monitor for
> christmas..... we'll see..... lol. I cant see the sense in spending all
> that dough on an 8800XXX card right now, unless you're gonna fall trap
> into the Vista nightmare..... If you do, good luck, I have 4 friends that
> are constantly beating them selves up.... and I do mean physically because
> they wanted to get in on the ground floor, vista, quad core.... night mare
> I roll every time their character drops off of maps from their system
> freezing.
> I only have one thing to say...... BAHAHAHAHAHA

What you're describing is not caused by Vista, the 8800 cards or the quad
core cpu, but by badly built and configured PC's with, possibly, a faulty
stick of RAM to two.