PDA

View Full Version : comparison

goPostal
October 27th 07, 02:55 PM
Hey guys. I have a 7900gs (256MB) I sent back today RMA so I picked up an
8600gt (512MB) to use in the meantime. It seems like the 8600 is maybe a
small step backwards in performance. Does anyone use a similar card and
could tell me how it should perform? Thanks all!

First of One[_2_]
October 27th 07, 03:14 PM
The 8600GT is indeed a step backwards in performance:
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2975

For the serious gamer, the 8800 series are the only cards worth buying in
the GF8 family. At the minimum you should have gotten a 8800GTS 320 MB.