PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Turion 64x2 High Temp...

September 20th 07, 09:01 AM
Hello! I have a compaq laptop with a turion 64 x2 processor inside.

I just downloaded speedfan to watch the temperature. It fluctuates
between 50 C and 60 C while idle, depeding on whether the fan is
going, and reaches about 75-78 while on full burn (both cores). Is
this normal for this type of processors? It survived a full night of
prime 95 torture test.
Might the "speed fan" be miscalibrated?

General Schvantzkoph
September 20th 07, 03:17 PM
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 01:01:59 -0700, bdzyub wrote:

> Hello! I have a compaq laptop with a turion 64 x2 processor inside.
>
> I just downloaded speedfan to watch the temperature. It fluctuates
> between 50 C and 60 C while idle, depeding on whether the fan is
> going, and reaches about 75-78 while on full burn (both cores). Is this
> normal for this type of processors? It survived a full night of prime
> 95 torture test.
> Might the "speed fan" be miscalibrated?

Laptops don't have room for good coolers so they tend to operate at the
high limits of the processor. 78C under full load is about right for a
laptop. My 3400+ A64 gets up to 80.