PDA

View Full Version : Accidentally bought a Blu-Ray disc...

Mike J.S.
September 18th 07, 11:50 PM
I accidentally bought Nine Inch Nail's latest DVD without knowing it was a
Blu-Ray disc (I was distracted and the packaging wasn't as obvious as most
Blu-Rays). I can't find the receipt. I don't have a Blu-Ray DVDR and I've no
intention on ever getting one (I've been keeping up with the bevvy of crimes
Sony has been guilty of and I can't believe they're still legally allowed to
operate).

Is there anything I can do with my PC to convert this thing to normal DVD so
I can at least watch it, rather than just throw it in the garbage? And
what's the risk of being contaminated with a rootkit if I do that
(considering it's Sony we're talking about here)?

Part of me just wants to light it up and watch it burn slowly.

GMAN[_3_]
September 19th 07, 12:00 AM
In article ws.net>, "Mike J.S." > wrote:
>I accidentally bought Nine Inch Nail's latest DVD without knowing it was a
>Blu-Ray disc (I was distracted and the packaging wasn't as obvious as most
>Blu-Rays). I can't find the receipt. I don't have a Blu-Ray DVDR and I've no
>intention on ever getting one (I've been keeping up with the bevvy of crimes
>Sony has been guilty of and I can't believe they're still legally allowed to
>operate).

OFFS grow up!

Microsoft is the company that has been CONVICTED of crimes in both the US and
EU.

>Is there anything I can do with my PC to convert this thing to normal DVD so
>I can at least watch it, rather than just throw it in the garbage? And
>what's the risk of being contaminated with a rootkit if I do that

OFFS #2

>(considering it's Sony we're talking about here)?
>
>Part of me just wants to light it up and watch it burn slowly.

Stuart[_2_]
September 19th 07, 02:45 AM
"Mike J.S." > wrote in message
reenews.net...
>I accidentally bought Nine Inch Nail's latest DVD without knowing it was a
>Blu-Ray disc (I was distracted and the packaging wasn't as obvious as most
>Blu-Rays). I can't find the receipt. I don't have a Blu-Ray DVDR and I've
>no intention on ever getting one (I've been keeping up with the bevvy of
>crimes Sony has been guilty of and I can't believe they're still legally
>allowed to operate).
>
> Is there anything I can do with my PC to convert this thing to normal DVD
> so I can at least watch it, rather than just throw it in the garbage? And
> what's the risk of being contaminated with a rootkit if I do that
> (considering it's Sony we're talking about here)?
>
> Part of me just wants to light it up and watch it burn slowly.

Simple answer - no you can't convert it simply unless you have a BlueRay
player (catch22) but you could put a Blue Ray player in your PC otherwise
eBay <g> or put it in the bottom drawer until you get one as I'm sure we all
will eventually...

Parrôtt
September 19th 07, 03:40 AM
Ebay the DVD and get some $$$ back to get the standard DVD or as Stuart
wrote, keep it and save some $$$ for a blu-ray for your PC

God Bless

"Mike J.S." > wrote in message
reenews.net...
>I accidentally bought Nine Inch Nail's latest DVD without knowing it was a
>Blu-Ray disc (I was distracted and the packaging wasn't as obvious as most
>Blu-Rays). I can't find the receipt. I don't have a Blu-Ray DVDR and I've
>no intention on ever getting one (I've been keeping up with the bevvy of
>crimes Sony has been guilty of and I can't believe they're still legally
>allowed to operate).
>
> Is there anything I can do with my PC to convert this thing to normal DVD
> so I can at least watch it, rather than just throw it in the garbage? And
> what's the risk of being contaminated with a rootkit if I do that
> (considering it's Sony we're talking about here)?
>
> Part of me just wants to light it up and watch it burn slowly.

peter
September 19th 07, 01:53 PM
IF you have NOT opened the package the store just might exchange
it..............the barcode will identify it as part of their stock.
peter
"Mike J.S." > wrote in message
reenews.net...
>I accidentally bought Nine Inch Nail's latest DVD without knowing it was a
>Blu-Ray disc (I was distracted and the packaging wasn't as obvious as most
>Blu-Rays). I can't find the receipt. I don't have a Blu-Ray DVDR and I've
>no intention on ever getting one (I've been keeping up with the bevvy of
>crimes Sony has been guilty of and I can't believe they're still legally
>allowed to operate).
>
> Is there anything I can do with my PC to convert this thing to normal DVD
> so I can at least watch it, rather than just throw it in the garbage? And
> what's the risk of being contaminated with a rootkit if I do that
> (considering it's Sony we're talking about here)?
>
> Part of me just wants to light it up and watch it burn slowly.

DaveW[_4_]
September 19th 07, 11:04 PM
You HAVE to use a Blu-Ray player to even read the disk for transposing, so
you are basically out of luck.

--
DaveW

reenews.net...