PDA

View Full Version : Note for Nvidia: Marvel Miniport Driver 8.27 BAD

Skybuck Flying
September 14th 07, 11:42 PM
Marvel Miniport Driver 8.27 crashes on ethernet port 7 (yukon) as indicated
by asus a8n32-sli.

Ethernet port 8 (nvidia network controller works ok)

Old default microsoft driver for win xp 64 seems ok.

See other threads in other newsgroup for more details, not gonna post it
again.

Marvel Miniport Driver 8.27 was probably installed by nvidia chipset drivers
was overwrote the default microsoft driver ?!

TUT TUT TUT not good !

Next time ask me if I want to replace older default drivers !?!

(Flaw was exposed by UDP Speed Test 2 at full speed and different data
sizes, new speed test software will soon be available on:
http://www.myjavaserver.com/~skybuck stay tuned for that ! ;))

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
September 14th 07, 11:43 PM
Yeah asus take note as well.

Just in case...

And other people with same motherboard as well.

Those might be at risk of system crashes with win xp x64.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> Marvel Miniport Driver 8.27 crashes on ethernet port 7 (yukon) as
> indicated by asus a8n32-sli.
>
> Ethernet port 8 (nvidia network controller works ok)
>
> Old default microsoft driver for win xp 64 seems ok.
>
> See other threads in other newsgroup for more details, not gonna post it
> again.
>
> Marvel Miniport Driver 8.27 was probably installed by nvidia chipset
> drivers was overwrote the default microsoft driver ?!
>
> TUT TUT TUT not good !
>
> Next time ask me if I want to replace older default drivers !?!
>
> (Flaw was exposed by UDP Speed Test 2 at full speed and different data
> sizes, new speed test software will soon be available on:
> http://www.myjavaserver.com/~skybuck stay tuned for that ! ;))
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Paul
September 15th 07, 01:58 AM
Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Marvel Miniport Driver 8.27 crashes on ethernet port 7 (yukon) as indicated
> by asus a8n32-sli.
>
> Ethernet port 8 (nvidia network controller works ok)
>
> Old default microsoft driver for win xp 64 seems ok.
>
> See other threads in other newsgroup for more details, not gonna post it
> again.
>
> Marvel Miniport Driver 8.27 was probably installed by nvidia chipset drivers
> was overwrote the default microsoft driver ?!
>
> TUT TUT TUT not good !
>
> Next time ask me if I want to replace older default drivers !?!

Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a completely separate semiconductor company.

http://www.marvell.com/press/pressNewsDisplay.do?releaseID=834

Marvell offers drivers. The fewer fields you fill out here,
the more search results that are returned. It is better to
take a driver from here, than to use the ones made available
via Windows Update.

http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverSearchResults.do

This has nothing to do with Nvidia.

Paul

Skybuck Flying
September 15th 07, 02:53 AM
"Paul" > wrote in message ...
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> Marvel Miniport Driver 8.27 crashes on ethernet port 7 (yukon) as
>> indicated by asus a8n32-sli.
>>
>> Ethernet port 8 (nvidia network controller works ok)
>>
>> Old default microsoft driver for win xp 64 seems ok.
>>
>> See other threads in other newsgroup for more details, not gonna post it
>> again.
>>
>> Marvel Miniport Driver 8.27 was probably installed by nvidia chipset
>> drivers was overwrote the default microsoft driver ?!
>>
>> TUT TUT TUT not good !
>>
>> Next time ask me if I want to replace older default drivers !?!
>>

> Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) is a completely separate semiconductor company.
>
> http://www.marvell.com/press/pressNewsDisplay.do?releaseID=834
>
> Marvell offers drivers. The fewer fields you fill out here,
> the more search results that are returned. It is better to
> take a driver from here, than to use the ones made available
> via Windows Update.
>
> http://www.marvell.com/drivers/driverSearchResults.do
>
> This has nothing to do with Nvidia.

The asus manual said both ethernet ports are marvel ports.

NVIDIA claims their ethernet port is their own technology ?

Somebody ****ed up.

Maybe MVIDIA simply bought a marvel chip and put their name on it ?

Though the NVIDIA documents make it appear they designed the
ethernet/network chip themselfes.

Nowhere does it clearly say it's 100% NVIDIA technology ;) At least I can't
find it that fast.

And in this hardware industry nothing is really "native" or "their own
technology" ?!?

Ultimately they buy their components from god knows who ?!?

Website with some pdf links:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/pg_20041015762843.html

Apperently NVIDIA designed a motherboard with only one ethernet port ?

And Asus decided to add another ethernet port ?

Okdokie...

That still makes this thread relevant for the asus newsgroup ;)

And finally this is relevent for the NVIDIA newsgroup as well possibly...
because what if the NVIDIA drivers installed the marvel drivers ?

Or maybe I'm being KOEKOE LOL.

Maybe I Installed some asus's drivers... which included some ****ed up
nvidia drivers as well.

HEHE.

Do you start seeing the confusion ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
September 15th 07, 03:04 AM
Well,

I was gonna write:

"I downloaded the driver but I am not going to install it because I am done
with being a guniene pig and the windows default driver seems to be working
just fine"

And I agree with that.

And then just as I was about to close the web browser I decided to give it
another look and I noticed it has other drivers as well.

INCLUDING DOS DRIVERS !

There is an ODI driver...

Maybe it can be usefull.

But now I looked at it again... but there is NO PACKET DRIVER ?

Packet driver's are the simplest way to get network cards working under dos.

I would definetly like to have a Packet Driver for Marvel port and NVIDIA
Network Controller.

I once programmed a turbo pascal ethernet api interface thingy which was
pretty easy to program.

I would like to be able to use it sometime...

But I need a packet driver for the network card/port.

Oh well.

Bye,
Skybuck.

ratsarsed[_2_]
September 16th 07, 05:22 AM
Skybuck Flying;753042 Wrote:
> Well,
>
> I was gonna write:
>
> "I downloaded the driver but I am not going to install it because I am
> done
> with being a guniene pig and the windows default driver seems to be
> working
> just fine"
>
> And I agree with that.
>
> And then just as I was about to close the web browser I decided to give
> it
> another look and I noticed it has other drivers as well.
>
> INCLUDING DOS DRIVERS !
>
> There is an ODI driver...
>
> Maybe it can be usefull.
>
> But now I looked at it again... but there is NO PACKET DRIVER ?
>
> Packet driver's are the simplest way to get network cards working under
> dos.
>
> I would definetly like to have a Packet Driver for Marvel port and
> NVIDIA
> Network Controller.
>
> I once programmed a turbo pascal ethernet api interface thingy which
> was
> pretty easy to program.
>
> I would like to be able to use it sometime...
>
> But I need a packet driver for the network card/port.
>
> Oh well.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Your mother should not let you post

--
ratsarsed

Skybuck Flying
September 16th 07, 07:48 AM
Reverse enginering the dos drivers might be a way to get a packet driver.

Probably small drivers.

Could be possible.

Bye,
Skybuck.