PDA

View Full Version : 8800GTX Factor Overclocked Verification?


Steve Mavronis
September 3rd 07, 03:07 PM
My computer came with a "factory overclocked" 768mb 8800GTX. If there a tool
to see what (memory/gpu) it is really clocked at? I'm not interested in
changing any clock settings. I just was to see how it is setup spec-wise.

Steve

Ed M.
September 3rd 07, 05:11 PM
"Steve Mavronis" > wrote in message
. ..
> My computer came with a "factory overclocked" 768mb 8800GTX. If there a
> tool to see what (memory/gpu) it is really clocked at? I'm not interested
> in changing any clock settings. I just was to see how it is setup
> spec-wise.
>
> Steve
>
ATI Tool from www.guru3d.com will do that. It will also overclock an Nvidia
card although the "automatic" functions do not work. My two EVGA
Superclocked cards were set to 621-core and 1025-memory. If you use NV Tune,
the default factory clock speeds are shown and not the actual manufacturer's
overclocked settings. I find it a useless PIA app IMO.

Les Steel
September 3rd 07, 06:34 PM
Ed M. wrote:
> "Steve Mavronis" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> My computer came with a "factory overclocked" 768mb 8800GTX. If there a
>> tool to see what (memory/gpu) it is really clocked at? I'm not interested
>> in changing any clock settings. I just was to see how it is setup
>> spec-wise.
>>
>> Steve
>>
> ATI Tool from www.guru3d.com will do that. It will also overclock an Nvidia
> card although the "automatic" functions do not work. My two EVGA
> Superclocked cards were set to 621-core and 1025-memory. If you use NV Tune,
> the default factory clock speeds are shown and not the actual manufacturer's
> overclocked settings. I find it a useless PIA app IMO.
>
>
Funny, it shows the correct default factory settings on my BFG OC2 8800
GTS (i.e. the manufacturers pre overclock).

senderj
September 4th 07, 10:05 AM
But guru3d site said that ATI Tool (=ATI Tray Tools ??) is for Radeon cards
only.

"Ed M." > wrote in message
...
>
> "Steve Mavronis" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> My computer came with a "factory overclocked" 768mb 8800GTX. If there a
>> tool to see what (memory/gpu) it is really clocked at? I'm not interested
>> in changing any clock settings. I just was to see how it is setup
>> spec-wise.
>>
>> Steve
>>
> ATI Tool from www.guru3d.com will do that. It will also overclock an
> Nvidia card although the "automatic" functions do not work. My two EVGA
> Superclocked cards were set to 621-core and 1025-memory. If you use NV
> Tune, the default factory clock speeds are shown and not the actual
> manufacturer's overclocked settings. I find it a useless PIA app IMO.
>

Steve Mavronis
September 4th 07, 09:50 PM
So, no definite way to see the factory overclocked final specs of my card?

"senderj" > wrote in message ...
> But guru3d site said that ATI Tool (=ATI Tray Tools ??) is for Radeon
> cards only.
>
> "Ed M." > wrote in message
> ...
>>
>> "Steve Mavronis" > wrote in message
>> . ..
>>> My computer came with a "factory overclocked" 768mb 8800GTX. If there a
>>> tool to see what (memory/gpu) it is really clocked at? I'm not
>>> interested in changing any clock settings. I just was to see how it is
>>> setup spec-wise.
>>>
>>> Steve
>>>
>> ATI Tool from www.guru3d.com will do that. It will also overclock an
>> Nvidia card although the "automatic" functions do not work. My two EVGA
>> Superclocked cards were set to 621-core and 1025-memory. If you use NV
>> Tune, the default factory clock speeds are shown and not the actual
>> manufacturer's overclocked settings. I find it a useless PIA app IMO.
>>
>
>

Jack R
September 4th 07, 11:12 PM
The ATITool reads (and controls) my eVGA 8800GTS just fine.
I suggest you give it a try.
Jack R

"Steve Mavronis" > wrote in message
...
> So, no definite way to see the factory overclocked final specs of my card?
>
> "senderj" > wrote in message
> ...
>> But guru3d site said that ATI Tool (=ATI Tray Tools ??) is for Radeon
>> cards only.
>>
>> "Ed M." > wrote in message
>> ...
>>>
>>> "Steve Mavronis" > wrote in message
>>> . ..
>>>> My computer came with a "factory overclocked" 768mb 8800GTX. If there a
>>>> tool to see what (memory/gpu) it is really clocked at? I'm not
>>>> interested in changing any clock settings. I just was to see how it is
>>>> setup spec-wise.
>>>>
>>>> Steve
>>>>
>>> ATI Tool from www.guru3d.com will do that. It will also overclock an
>>> Nvidia card although the "automatic" functions do not work. My two EVGA
>>> Superclocked cards were set to 621-core and 1025-memory. If you use NV
>>> Tune, the default factory clock speeds are shown and not the actual
>>> manufacturer's overclocked settings. I find it a useless PIA app IMO.
>>>
>>
>>
>

Slap
September 5th 07, 12:45 AM
"Steve Mavronis" > wrote in message
...
> So, no definite way to see the factory overclocked final specs of my card?
>

Do you not have nTune? If so get it. Under Performance, in the left pane,
(after you accept the agreement) there will be a 'Adjust GPU Settings'.
Clicking on that lets you overclock but it will display the Factory shipped
clocked frequencies (no overclocking) by default. Clicking on 'Custom clock
frequencies lets you have at her.

nTune is available on the Nvidia site.

Steve Mavronis
September 8th 07, 12:38 AM
Thanks. I ran Nvidia nTune today just to see the comparison between the
default Nvidia 8800GTX and the Gateway factory overclocked EVGA version that
came in my rig. Here are the results:

nTune (Evga 768mb 8800GTX - Gateway factory overclocked)

GPU core: 600mhz
(8800gtx default nvidia spec: 575mhz)

GPU memory: 925mhz
(8800gtx default nvidia spec: 900mhz)

Steve

"Slap" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Do you not have nTune? If so get it. Under Performance, in the left
> pane, (after you accept the agreement) there will be a 'Adjust GPU
> Settings'. Clicking on that lets you overclock but it will display the
> Factory shipped clocked frequencies (no overclocking) by default.
> Clicking on 'Custom clock frequencies lets you have at her.