PDA

View Full Version : Error nview...

Laurent Jumet
September 1st 07, 09:20 AM
Hello !

I'm using 93.71 drivers with XPHome SP2, and I have several errors reported in windows about nview, like this one, but many applications are involded, not only one:

=== Begin Windows Clipboard ===
NVIEW : wfxsnt40: Mutex Recovery Code - app released the mutex - back to normal operation.
=== End Windows Clipboard ===

=== Begin Windows Clipboard ===
NVIEW : FINDFAST: WAIT_TIMEOUT, LAST SUCCESS: (thread 0x5ac) (cmdName:FINDFAST.EXE) WindowManager.cpp 3329
=== End Windows Clipboard ===

Last boot, I got 67 errors !

I saw that many people report such errors.
Is there any thing to do?

I tryed to install 94.24_forceware_winxp_international_whql.exe but it aborts as it says it cannot deal with my GeforceMX 200.

--
Laurent Jumet - Point de Chat, Liège, BELGIUM
KeyID: 0xCFAF704C

Mr.E Solved!
September 1st 07, 04:05 PM
Laurent Jumet wrote:
> Hello !
>
> I'm using 93.71 drivers with XPHome SP2, and I have several errors reported in windows about nview, like this one, but many applications are involded, not only one:
>
> === Begin Windows Clipboard ===
> NVIEW : wfxsnt40: Mutex Recovery Code - app released the mutex - back to normal operation.
> === End Windows Clipboard ===
>
> === Begin Windows Clipboard ===
> NVIEW : FINDFAST: WAIT_TIMEOUT, LAST SUCCESS: (thread 0x5ac) (cmdName:FINDFAST.EXE) WindowManager.cpp 3329
> === End Windows Clipboard ===
>
> Last boot, I got 67 errors !
>
> I saw that many people report such errors.
> Is there any thing to do?
>
> I tryed to install 94.24_forceware_winxp_international_whql.exe but it aborts as it says it cannot deal with my GeforceMX 200.

That obsolete card requires older drivers, not the 9x.xx Forcewares, you
need to look for 6x, 5x, or even 4x Forcewares.

Many sites have archived old drivers for just this reason.

Robert Gault
September 1st 07, 07:45 PM
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
> Laurent Jumet wrote:
>
>> Hello !
>>
>> I'm using 93.71 drivers with XPHome SP2, and I have several errors
>> reported in windows about nview, like this one, but many applications
>> are involded, not only one:
>>
>> === Begin Windows Clipboard ===
>> NVIEW : wfxsnt40: Mutex Recovery Code - app released the mutex - back
>> to normal operation.
>> === End Windows Clipboard ===
>>
>> === Begin Windows Clipboard ===
>> NVIEW : FINDFAST: WAIT_TIMEOUT, LAST SUCCESS: (thread 0x5ac)
>> (cmdName:FINDFAST.EXE) WindowManager.cpp 3329
>> === End Windows Clipboard ===
>>
>> Last boot, I got 67 errors !
>>
>> I saw that many people report such errors.
>> Is there any thing to do?
>>
>> I tryed to install 94.24_forceware_winxp_international_whql.exe
>> but it aborts as it says it cannot deal with my GeforceMX 200.
>>

> That obsolete card requires older drivers, not the 9x.xx Forcewares, you
> need to look for 6x, 5x, or even 4x Forcewares.
>
> Many sites have archived old drivers for just this reason.

Maybe and maybe not. The nVidia site lists the 93.71 driver as the most
current supporting the GeForce2 MX 200.

Laurent Jumet
September 1st 07, 11:44 PM
Hello Robert !

Robert Gault > wrote:

>>> I'm using 93.71 drivers with XPHome SP2, and I have several errors
>>> reported in windows about nview, like this one, but many applications
>>> are involded, not only one:
>>>
>>> === Begin Windows Clipboard ===
>>> NVIEW : wfxsnt40: Mutex Recovery Code - app released the mutex - back
>>> to normal operation.
>>> === End Windows Clipboard ===
>>>
>>> === Begin Windows Clipboard ===
>>> NVIEW : FINDFAST: WAIT_TIMEOUT, LAST SUCCESS: (thread 0x5ac)
>>> (cmdName:FINDFAST.EXE) WindowManager.cpp 3329
>>> === End Windows Clipboard ===
>>>
>>> Last boot, I got 67 errors !
>>>
>>> I saw that many people report such errors.
>>> Is there any thing to do?
>>>
>>> I tryed to install 94.24_forceware_winxp_international_whql.exe
>>> but it aborts as it says it cannot deal with my GeforceMX 200.
>>>

>> That obsolete card requires older drivers, not the 9x.xx Forcewares, you
>> need to look for 6x, 5x, or even 4x Forcewares.
>>
>> Many sites have archived old drivers for just this reason.

> Maybe and maybe not. The nVidia site lists the 93.71 driver as the most
> current supporting the GeForce2 MX 200.

This driver perfectly works on my system.
The problem is that something is conflicting not with the VideoCard, but with other process running.
It's a driver-to-XP problem, not a driver-to-VideoCard one.