PDA

View Full Version : S-Video Out/RealPlayer problem

PeteR
August 27th 07, 05:40 PM
I have a Geforce 7300 GS and am trying to use the S-video out
facility.
I have connected to TV and all seems fine until I play something with
RealPlayer or Windows Media Player and then the actual video output
from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
monitor.

Any ideas?

--
PeteR

deimos[_2_]
August 27th 07, 11:23 PM
PeteR wrote:
> I have a Geforce 7300 GS and am trying to use the S-video out
> facility.
> I have connected to TV and all seems fine until I play something with
> RealPlayer or Windows Media Player and then the actual video output
> from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
> monitor.
>
> Any ideas?

That's the video overlay being limited to one display. Use DualView
instead of clone view. Use the TV as a 2nd display. This gives the app
fullscreen overlay on whatever screen is in focus.

DanR
August 28th 07, 04:55 AM
"PeteR" > wrote in message
>I have a Geforce 7300 GS and am trying to use the S-video out
> facility.
> I have connected to TV and all seems fine until I play something with
> RealPlayer or Windows Media Player and then the actual video output
> from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
> monitor.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> --
> PeteR

Maybe it's an "overlay" problem. Try this if you're using XP.
Open WMP. Click "Tools / Options / Performance / Advanced.
Uncheck "Use overlays".
Overlays also keep one from doing frame grabs. When you copy to clipboard
you end up with black square.
I've seen this setting NOT STICK in WMP.
And... I don't see this setting using WMP in Vista. Looks like my Vista
WMP11 does not use overlays.
(& no advanced menu button)

PeteR
August 28th 07, 08:54 AM
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 03:55:17 GMT, "DanR" >
wrote:

>"PeteR" > wrote in message
>>I have a Geforce 7300 GS and am trying to use the S-video out
>> facility.
>> I have connected to TV and all seems fine until I play something with
>> RealPlayer or Windows Media Player and then the actual video output
>> from the application is just black on the TV screen - but OK on the
>> monitor.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> --
>> PeteR
>>

>Maybe it's an "overlay" problem. Try this if you're using XP.
>Open WMP. Click "Tools / Options / Performance / Advanced.
>Uncheck "Use overlays".
>Overlays also keep one from doing frame grabs. When you copy to clipboard
>you end up with black square.
>I've seen this setting NOT STICK in WMP.
>And... I don't see this setting using WMP in Vista. Looks like my Vista
>WMP11 does not use overlays.
> (& no advanced menu button)

Excellent many thanks - also to Deimos - seems to have solved (for now
;-)
--
PeteR