PDA

View Full Version : GF FX 5700 with LCD via DVI

D┐ejm
August 24th 07, 11:45 PM
Hello All,

I have GF FX 5700 (WinFast A360 TDH) with VGA/DVI output.
Now I bought LCD monitor with VGA/DVI input (Samsung SyncMaster 204B).
When using VGA cable, everything works fine.
When using DVI cable I can't activate high resolutions on monitor.

For example 1600x1200. Desktop switches to this resolution. Making
print-screen produces 1600x1200 bitmap of whole desktop. So far so good.

But monitor stays in 1280x1024 mode. It doesn't display whole desktop, it's
cropped. But it seams to be "a feature" of ForceWare driver (yes, I have
newest), when moving mouse to the edge of screen - desktop is scrolling. So
I pan around 1600x1200 desktop in 1280x1024 monitor mode. Strange.

How to activate 1600x1200 monitor mode ? According to specification graphic
card and monitor supports up to 1600x1200 via DVI. Any magic windows/nvidia
trick ?

regards
DZ

Paul
August 25th 07, 04:36 AM
D┐ejm wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have GF FX 5700 (WinFast A360 TDH) with VGA/DVI output.
> Now I bought LCD monitor with VGA/DVI input (Samsung SyncMaster 204B).
> When using VGA cable, everything works fine.
> When using DVI cable I can't activate high resolutions on monitor.
>
> For example 1600x1200. Desktop switches to this resolution. Making
> print-screen produces 1600x1200 bitmap of whole desktop. So far so good.
>
> But monitor stays in 1280x1024 mode. It doesn't display whole desktop, it's
> cropped. But it seams to be "a feature" of ForceWare driver (yes, I have
> newest), when moving mouse to the edge of screen - desktop is scrolling. So
> I pan around 1600x1200 desktop in 1280x1024 monitor mode. Strange.
>
> How to activate 1600x1200 monitor mode ? According to specification graphic
> card and monitor supports up to 1600x1200 via DVI. Any magic windows/nvidia
> trick ?
>
> regards
> DZ

http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/sam204b/index4.php

"First install the monitor driver"

Check the CD and see if there is a driver on it. The driver will
have an INF file, declaring the maximum resolution as 1600x1200.

There is also some feedback about that model of monitor here. Something
about a bad batch of monitors in August 2006.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=29351

Paul

Dzejm
August 25th 07, 10:00 AM
> http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/sam204b/index4.php
>
> "First install the monitor driver"
>
> Check the CD and see if there is a driver on it. The driver will
> have an INF file, declaring the maximum resolution as 1600x1200.
>
> There is also some feedback about that model of monitor here. Something
> about a bad batch of monitors in August 2006.
>
> http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=29351

I installed monitor driver in the first place. It didn't help.
I hope monitor is also fine :).
But now I'm sure that this is problem of recent nvidia driver. I uninstalled
it, and installed old version from graphic card's manufacturer. Everything
works FINE.
After installation of recent ForceWare (version 162.18) and restarting
computer, monitor switches to 1280x1024, desktop stays 1600x1200 and this
scrolling mode appears again. What is that ? Some kind of "zoom my desktop"
function ;) ?

Best Regards,
Dz