PDA

View Full Version : XFX 6600GT 128MB driver

Dude
August 20th 07, 08:03 AM
Whats the best driver for this card XFX 6600GT 128MB. I would also
like to see if I can overclock it a little so what tool is best for
doing that to please.
If you can provide links for the driver and OC tool I would appreciate
it.

Thanks,
Chris

Dude
August 26th 07, 11:17 AM
On Aug 20, 12:03 am, Dude > wrote:
> Whats the best driver for this card XFX 6600GT 128MB. I would also
> like to see if I can overclock it a little so what tool is best for
> doing that to please.
> If you can provide links for the driver and OC tool I would appreciate
> it.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Six days later and no response. Really??? no one has had this card or
any advise :(
hmmm

Chris

DRS
August 26th 07, 11:28 AM
"Dude" > wrote in message
oups.com
> On Aug 20, 12:03 am, Dude > wrote:
>> Whats the best driver for this card XFX 6600GT 128MB. I would also
>> like to see if I can overclock it a little so what tool is best for
>> doing that to please.
>> If you can provide links for the driver and OC tool I would
>> appreciate it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chris
>
> Six days later and no response. Really??? no one has had this card or
> any advise :(
> hmmm

Google is your friend.

Beladi Nasralla
August 26th 07, 02:16 PM
On Aug 20, 4:03 pm, Dude > wrote:
> Whats the best driver for this card XFX 6600GT 128MB. I would also
> like to see if I can overclock it a little so what tool is best for
> doing that to please.
> If you can provide links for the driver and OC tool I would appreciate
> it.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

1. Get any driver for the past year off nVidia website.

2. For overclocking, download CoolBits.

Rich
August 26th 07, 02:40 PM
On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:03:49 -0000, Dude >
wrote:

>Whats the best driver for this card XFX 6600GT 128MB. I would also
>like to see if I can overclock it a little so what tool is best for
>doing that to please.
>If you can provide links for the driver and OC tool I would appreciate
>it.
>
>Thanks,
>Chris

Is it really worth while over clocking this? You can get a 7600GT
second hand from ebay for about 35.00. It would be double the speed
and you would have no heating problems that could destroy your whole
computer.

Rich

Dude
August 27th 07, 06:40 AM
On Aug 26, 3:28 am, "DRS" > wrote:
> "Dude" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com
>
> > On Aug 20, 12:03 am, Dude > wrote:
> >> Whats the best driver for this card XFX 6600GT 128MB. I would also
> >> like to see if I can overclock it a little so what tool is best for
> >> doing that to please.
> >> If you can provide links for the driver and OC tool I would
> >> appreciate it.
>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Chris
>
> > Six days later and no response. Really??? no one has had this card or
> > any advise :(
> > hmmm
>
> Google is your friend.

Then I guess there is no point in these news groups.
We can all just Google for other peoples opinions and experiences from
now on.
I vote we shut this NG down.
does anyone second that?

DRS
August 27th 07, 07:17 AM
"Dude" > wrote in message
ps.com
> On Aug 26, 3:28 am, "DRS" > wrote:
>> "Dude" > wrote in message
>> oups.com

[...]

>>> Six days later and no response. Really??? no one has had this card
>>> or any advise :(
>>> hmmm
>>
>> Google is your friend.
>
> Then I guess there is no point in these news groups.
> We can all just Google for other peoples opinions and experiences from
> now on.
> I vote we shut this NG down.
> does anyone second that?

We still need the newsgroup. We just don't need people asking the same
tired old questions over and over and over again. 99% of all reasonable
questions have already been asked and answered. "What is the best driver
for my two year old card?" and "How can I use CoolBits with the new Control
Panel?" are right up near the top of that list.

Paul
August 27th 07, 07:33 AM
Dude wrote:
> On Aug 26, 3:28 am, "DRS" > wrote:
>> "Dude" > wrote in message
>>
>> oups.com

>>> Six days later and no response. Really??? no one has had this card or
>>> any advise :(
>>> hmmm
>> Google is your friend.
>
> Then I guess there is no point in these news groups.
> We can all just Google for other peoples opinions and experiences from
> now on.
> I vote we shut this NG down.
> does anyone second that?

Overclocking...
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=13
http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads22.html

Driver questions...
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php

http://www.altavista.com/web/adv

[Manual line wrapped as my server won't accept posts with long lines...]

http://www.altavista.com/web/results?itag=ody&pg=aq&aqmode=s&aqa=6600gt+best+driver&aqp=&
aqo=&aqn=&kgs=1&kls=0&dt=tmperiod&d2=0&dfr%5Bd%5D=1&dfr%5Bm%5D=1&dfr%5By%5D=1980&dto%
5Bd%5D=26&dto%5Bm%5D=8&dto%5By%5D=2007&filetype=&rc=dmn&swd=forums.nvidia.com&lh=&nbq=10

81.98 wins. Search time - 5 minutes.

Paul