PDA

View Full Version : Info ref Cleaning AMD socket

Tony[_4_]
August 5th 07, 10:46 AM
Hi I started to get the dreaded blue screens and after a lot of
investigation I re-seated the AMD processor the problem was cured. The
problem now is I have to do this about every couple of weeks. Is there
a suitable cleaning liquid that can be put in to the socket holes to
clean them
Thanks Tony

Venom
August 6th 07, 12:27 AM
I really think your problem is something else and not the socket.

"Tony" > wrote in message
> Hi I started to get the dreaded blue screens and after a lot of
> investigation I re-seated the AMD processor the problem was cured. The
> problem now is I have to do this about every couple of weeks. Is there
> a suitable cleaning liquid that can be put in to the socket holes to
> clean them
> Thanks Tony

oldwolf[_2_]
August 6th 07, 10:20 AM
Are you reapplying thermal grease when you reseat it???