PDA

View Full Version : Fan turning on and off

Wily
July 28th 07, 05:37 PM
Hi all, just installed the latest drivers from the Nvidia site and now my
fan is not always on. Anyone else with the same issue??? ..or a fix...???

Wily
July 28th 07, 05:51 PM
...seems like the new driver does thus unlike the previous one where the fan
was always running...
"Wily" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi all, just installed the latest drivers from the Nvidia site and now my
> fan is not always on. Anyone else with the same issue??? ..or a fix...???

Wily
July 28th 07, 07:45 PM
Cool ..here I thought the damn thing was broken. Cheers!!!
"JRS" > wrote in message

> Yes, thank god they finally fixed it.
>
> I have been using Windows XP on this dual boot machine for months waiting
> for them to get rid of this bug.
>
> Now with the new 162.22 drivers, it's back to normal again, ie, it speeds
> up for games but slows down for desktop use, just like it's supposed to do
> and just like the XP driver does.
>
> It's about time. :)
>

>>>Hi all, just installed the latest drivers from the Nvidia site and now my
>>>fan is not always on. Anyone else with the same issue??? ..or a fix...???
> --
>
> JRS >
> Please remove **X** to reply...
>
> ...Cleverly Disguised As A Responsible Adult...

First of One[_2_]
July 29th 07, 01:13 AM
Now try a 3D screensaver...