PDA

View Full Version : fan

July 25th 07, 06:20 AM
The air coming out of the case fan is cooler than the PS fan. It must
be an issue with Asus Probe II

SpamBox[_2_]
July 26th 07, 08:05 AM
> wrote in message
> The air coming out of the case fan is cooler than the PS fan. It must
> be an issue with Asus Probe II

I used to have overheating problems but then I got one of these: -

http://www.scythe-usa.com/product/acc/008/sckb1000_detail.html

Glennbo

MCheu
> The air coming out of the case fan is cooler than the PS fan. It must
> be an issue with Asus Probe II

I don't see how this is an issue.

The air coming out of the case fan passed through the case and picked up
heat on it's way through from the components inside.

The air coming out of the PSU fan didn't just pass through the inside of
the case, but it also picked up some heat on the way through the PSU.
The PSU fan is intended to draw air through the PSU, acting as both
cooling for the PSU and to help exhaust the hot air from the case.

As the air coming through the PSU fan has been heated up by a second
radiating source, I would expect it to be a bit warmer.

MCheu