PDA

View Full Version : CPU and MB temprature too high??

Wes Newell
July 25th 07, 12:23 AM
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:29:20 -0700, sandmanwv wrote:

> ASUS Probe II reports my CPU temprature at 54c (in the green) and the
> MB at 47c (in the red) is this too hot?
> I have two case fans installed and connected to the PS so they run
> constantly.
>
> ASUS M2A-VM
> AMD ATHLON 64 X2 6000+
> 2 GB DDR2 800

The MB temp is too hot if that's an accurate overall reading. At 47C the
case should be very warm to the touch. it could be just a localized temp
around the sensor. As an example, when I installed 4 PCI HDTV tuners my
case temps shot up past 70C. and that was because the case sensor is at
the back of the MB right in between the 4 tuners, and they do get hot. Not
wanting my tuners to fail prematurely, I mounted a case fan on the side
cover blowing into them and that brought the case temps down to around 35C
and it also keeps the tuners cooler. If you don't have a bunch of cards in
your system, then you've got some kind of problem even if it's an
inaccurate sensor reading. I assume you have at least one of the case fans
as an intake fan, as the PSU fan is already an exhaust fan. All intake
fans should be mounted low and all exhaust fans should be mounted higher.
I've got 1 intake fan on the lower front, another low over the PCI slots.
I then have 1 exhaust high on the back panel and of course the PSU exhaust
fan. That keeps the airflow even, which is important.

July 25th 07, 02:29 AM
ASUS Probe II reports my CPU temprature at 54c (in the green) and the
MB at 47c (in the red) is this too hot?
I have two case fans installed and connected to the PS so they run
constantly.

ASUS M2A-VM
AMD ATHLON 64 X2 6000+
2 GB DDR2 800

July 25th 07, 04:22 AM
It has been at an idle for awhile The temps are 54/45 right now and
the case is not even warm to the touch.

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 23:23:41 GMT, Wes Newell