PDA

View Full Version : Does the 8400GS by xfx offer SLI ?

Dave T
July 19th 07, 08:37 PM
Hi i cant seem to see if it does or it does not offer the ability for SLI.

Please let me know , me and a friend would like to buy a pair :)

Andi Cole
July 20th 07, 09:58 AM
Nvidia seem to think it does - http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce8.html

Andi.

"Dave T" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi i cant seem to see if it does or it does not offer the ability for SLI.
>
> Please let me know , me and a friend would like to buy a pair :)

First of One[_2_]
July 21st 07, 02:00 AM
As Andi Cole pointed out, technically the 8400GS supports SLI mode. The
low-profile XFX card doesn't have the SLI connector, but the two cards can
still function in SLI mode without the bridge.

Economically it doesn't make sense, however, as two 8400GS cards in SLI are
still slower than a single 8600GT.