PDA

View Full Version : driver for NVIDIA 4200

Gerd Altmann
July 19th 07, 03:10 PM
What are the latest drivers suitable for a Nvidia 4200 graphic card?
Gerd

Maincat
July 19th 07, 03:52 PM
Running 93.71 here - very stable.

--
Steve
CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP, MCDST

"Gerd Altmann" > wrote in message
> What are the latest drivers suitable for a Nvidia 4200 graphic card?
> Gerd

Pablo Contreras[_2_]
July 25th 07, 12:01 PM
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:52:05 GMT, "Maincat" >
wrote:

>Running 93.71 here - very stable.

Would that work for the NVidia GeForce 6600 Inno3D? I upgraded
to the the 94.24 drivers but they did not work that well. (See my
earlier post)..

Regards,
Pablo.

Larry Roberts
July 26th 07, 09:52 AM
On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:01:58 +0100, Pablo Contreras
**--thanks--**>
wrote:

>On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:52:05 GMT, "Maincat" >
>wrote:
>
>>Running 93.71 here - very stable.
>
>Would that work for the NVidia GeForce 6600 Inno3D? I upgraded
>to the the 94.24 drivers but they did not work that well. (See my
>earlier post)..
>
>Regards,
>Pablo.

I didn't see your original post, but the 93.71, as well as the
94.24 drivers should work. I have a 6600GT in my second machine, and
the 94.24 drivers work great. When you installed the 94.24 drivers,
did you uninstall them from the Window's Add/Remove control panel,
then use Driver Cleaner Pro to clean any leftover files, or registry
entries from old drivers before installing the new drivers? It
sometimes is necessary to do this as just installing them over old
drivers, or not cleaning old leftover files can cause problems. If all
of this fails, I usually try a format, and reinstall of the OS, but
that's just me. :)

Pablo Contreras
July 30th 07, 09:26 AM
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 03:52:28 -0500, Larry Roberts >
wrote:

>On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:01:58 +0100, Pablo Contreras
**--thanks--**>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:52:05 GMT, "Maincat" >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Running 93.71 here - very stable.
>>
>>Would that work for the NVidia GeForce 6600 Inno3D? I upgraded
>>to the the 94.24 drivers but they did not work that well. [...snip]
>

> I didn't see your original post, but the 93.71, as well as the
>94.24 drivers should work. I have a 6600GT in my second machine, and
>the 94.24 drivers work great. When you installed the 94.24 drivers,
>did you uninstall them from the Window's Add/Remove control panel,
>then use Driver Cleaner Pro to clean any leftover files, or registry
>entries from old drivers before installing the new drivers? It
>sometimes is necessary to do this as just installing them over old
>drivers, or not cleaning old leftover files can cause problems. If all
>of this fails, I usually try a format, and reinstall of the OS, but
>that's just me. :)

I'm not sure why you should have to do all that but I see what you
mean. Next time I get Driver Cleaner Pro. :-)

Pablo.