PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Pro 64 bit sucks at multi-tasking !!!

Skybuck Flying
July 6th 07, 10:00 PM
Hello,

It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Not much of an multi task operating system is it ???????????????????????????

Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Major Ninth
July 7th 07, 02:22 AM
If this isnt a troll post - then I would check for driver incompatibilities.
Sounds like driver timeouts and error paths.

-john

"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
> the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>
> Not much of an multi task operating system is it
> ???????????????????????????
>
> Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

KCB
July 7th 07, 03:19 AM
Sorry for the x-post guys, but I don't know where Major Ninth is posting
from, and I wanted to make sure he knows what a loser Skybuck is. He
belongs in your killfile, Major.

"Major Ninth" > wrote in message
> If this isnt a troll post - then I would check for driver
> incompatibilities. Sounds like driver timeouts and error paths.
>
> -john
>
> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications,
>> browsing the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>>
>> Not much of an multi task operating system is it
>> ???????????????????????????
>>
>> Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.

Major Ninth
July 7th 07, 03:54 AM
well that is why I prefaced it with the troll comment... I've seen sky****'s
posts.

"KCB" > wrote in message
. ..
> Sorry for the x-post guys, but I don't know where Major Ninth is posting
> from, and I wanted to make sure he knows what a loser Skybuck is. He
> belongs in your killfile, Major.
>
> "Major Ninth" > wrote in message
>> If this isnt a troll post - then I would check for driver
>> incompatibilities. Sounds like driver timeouts and error paths.
>>
>> -john
>>
>> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications,
>>> browsing the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>>>
>>> Not much of an multi task operating system is it
>>> ???????????????????????????
>>>
>>> Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>> Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
July 7th 07, 04:29 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm.

Suddenly I wonder if Windows XP Pro 64 bit has a ForeGround Application
Boost option like Windows XP Pro 32 bit has.

If it's enabled that might explain the poor multi-task quality of XP64 bit.

Gonna see if I can find something for 64 bit windows.

Maybe disabling the boost will give better multi tasking quality.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
> the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>
> Not much of an multi task operating system is it
> ???????????????????????????
>
> Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
July 7th 07, 04:32 PM
Yup:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259025

I had program option enabled, switched it to background processes =D

Hopefully now better multi tasking experience me thinks so.

I had that on windows 32 bit as well worked like a charm.

Bye,
Skybuck.

"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> Hmmmmmmmmm.
>
> Suddenly I wonder if Windows XP Pro 64 bit has a ForeGround Application
> Boost option like Windows XP Pro 32 bit has.
>
> If it's enabled that might explain the poor multi-task quality of XP64
> bit.
>
> Gonna see if I can find something for 64 bit windows.
>
> Maybe disabling the boost will give better multi tasking quality.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications,
>> browsing the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>>
>> Not much of an multi task operating system is it
>> ???????????????????????????
>>
>> Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.

JAD[_3_]
July 7th 07, 05:09 PM
"what a set up post" find a solution- then create a question- lastly answering it
yourself..

GMAN[_3_]
July 7th 07, 06:31 PM
In article >, "Skybuck Flying" > wrote:
>Hello,
>
>It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
>the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>
>Not much of an multi task operating system is it ???????????????????????????
>
>Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>
>Bye,
> Skybuck.

And we cant seem to do anything else while we have to read your ****. You
obviousely have something configured wrong. You take a perfectly working PC an
always seem to f%ck with it consistently till you screw something up. I bet
you still have the Sounblaster card sandwiched right in between those SLI
Nvidia cards.

Skybuck Flying
July 7th 07, 07:40 PM
"GMAN" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Skybuck Flying"
> > wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
>>the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>>
>>Not much of an multi task operating system is it
>>???????????????????????????
>>
>>Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>>
>>Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>>

> And we cant seem to do anything else while we have to read your ****. You
> obviousely have something configured wrong. You take a perfectly working
> PC an
> always seem to f%ck with it consistently till you screw something up. I
> bet
> you still have the Sounblaster card sandwiched right in between those SLI
> Nvidia cards.

Best sandwhich I ever had and still have LOL ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Kevin Weaver
July 7th 07, 08:22 PM
And finding it, posting it, and then confirm it, reboot machine to confirm
it's working. All in under 3 mins.

1st post was at 8:29am then the find at 8:32 am

"JAD" <john > wrote in message

> "what a set up post" find a solution- then create a question- lastly
> answering it yourself..

Skybuck Flying
July 7th 07, 09:19 PM
"Kevin Weaver" > wrote in message
. net...
> And finding it, posting it, and then confirm it, reboot machine to confirm
> it's working. All in under 3 mins.
>
> 1st post was at 8:29am then the find at 8:32 am

Lol you too funny.

I used windows xp 32 bit with that option for years probably.

It works trust me ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
July 7th 07, 09:25 PM
Also I did not get a reboot message.

Maybe reboot not required for it.

However I also changed something via msconfig and clicked exit without
reboot, maybe that's why no further reboot messages/requests happen.

But who knows, it might work instantanously ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Kevin Weaver
July 7th 07, 10:01 PM
The point is: You complain about the problem. Then you post the fix in under
3 mins. After you confirm the fix, which anytime you make a change in
msconfig, you have to reboot in order for that change to work.

You complain you needed help. Then you post the so-called fix in under 3
mins. Sorry It don't work that fast.

Edit msconfig. After posting problem.
Reboot, then fire up news program. Post the fix, All in under 3 mins ?
Not going to "Fly"

Congrats, You just made my kill file with this post.

"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message

> "Kevin Weaver" > wrote in message
> . net...
>> And finding it, posting it, and then confirm it, reboot machine to
>> confirm it's working. All in under 3 mins.
>>
>> 1st post was at 8:29am then the find at 8:32 am
>
> Lol you too funny.
>
> I used windows xp 32 bit with that option for years probably.
>
> It works trust me ;)
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
July 7th 07, 10:38 PM
Sorry dude.

I am just fast, can't help it :)

LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.

McG.
July 8th 07, 06:46 AM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
> the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>
> Not much of an multi task operating system is it
> ???????????????????????????
>
> Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck.

SInce you aren't able to set XP Pro x64 up properly, you should go back to
DOS and Win 3.1, ok? You can't seem to select hardware to work well
together, nor install an OS to run right. Then you brag about all you DID
and a month later flame the manufacturers and developers for your
ineptitude, basically.
I'm really tired of seeing your ****.
McG.

Skybuck Flying
July 8th 07, 07:00 AM
"McG." > wrote in message

> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications,
>> browsing the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>>
>> Not much of an multi task operating system is it
>> ???????????????????????????
>>
>> Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>>
>> Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>
> SInce you aren't able to set XP Pro x64 up properly, you should go back to
> DOS and Win 3.1, ok? You can't seem to select hardware to work well
> together, nor install an OS to run right. Then you brag about all you DID
> and a month later flame the manufacturers and developers for your
> ineptitude, basically.
> I'm really tired of seeing your ****.
> McG.

You should stop using a newsreader, you clearly don't know how to use it ;)

Best is to stop using a computer period :)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Gladiator
July 9th 07, 02:59 AM
On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 23:00:14 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" >
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
>the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>
>Not much of an multi task operating system is it ???????????????????????????
>
>Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>
>Bye,
> Skybuck.

You need more than 128mb of ram installed.

Roger (K8RI)
July 9th 07, 04:39 AM
On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 01:59:29 GMT, Gladiator > wrote:

>On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 23:00:14 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" >
>wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>It get lot's of freezes when loading files, opening applications, browsing
>>the web, etc, etc, etc, etc.
>>
>>Not much of an multi task operating system is it ???????????????????????????
>>
>>Can't do anything else while it's doing it's ****.
>>
>>Bye,
>> Skybuck.
>>

>You need more than 128mb of ram installed.

More like 2 Gig if it's going to run any modern apps without page file
swapping. Both dual core systems here running XP64 Pro have 4 Gig.

Gladiator
July 10th 07, 05:52 AM
On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 23:39:04 -0400, "Roger (K8RI)"
> wrote:

>More like 2 Gig if it's going to run any modern apps without page file
>swapping. Both dual core systems here running XP64 Pro have 4 Gig.

Yea, I'm going Vista 64bit soon and it will have 4gb too. I did run
XP64 on 2gb and it was fine with that amount though.

Tinica
July 27th 07, 07:02 PM
Skybuck Flying wrote:
> Hmmmmmmmmm.
>
> Suddenly I wonder if Windows XP Pro 64 bit has a ForeGround Application
> Boost option like Windows XP Pro 32 bit has.
>
> If it's enabled that might explain the poor multi-task quality of XP64 bit.

When compared to OS/2 and Linux, Windows sucks as a multitasker IMHO.