PDA

View Full Version : Over clocking tab under Vista

Wolfbane
July 4th 07, 05:30 AM
I just installed Vista home premium and installed the latest nvidia drivers
for my 7800GS, how do I get back the overclocking tab in the control panel?

oldwolf[_2_]
July 4th 07, 09:58 AM
You will have to reinstall coolbits 2.0 from here

"Wolfbane" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I just installed Vista home premium and installed the latest nvidia
drivers
> for my 7800GS, how do I get back the overclocking tab in the control
panel?

Corvus
July 4th 07, 11:57 AM
"oldwolf" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> You will have to reinstall coolbits 2.0 from here
> http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815
>

> "Wolfbane" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> I just installed Vista home premium and installed the latest nvidia
> drivers
>> for my 7800GS, how do I get back the overclocking tab in the control
> panel?

The embedded OC functions are part of the classic control panel, which has
been removed completely for Vista.

oldwolf[_2_]
July 4th 07, 12:34 PM
I missed that bit about vista.
I think you can use Ntune, but I think there is a reg file to allow the
classic control panel under vista. have a look on google for it. I only read
it about 2 days ago.

"Corvus" > wrote in message
.. .

> "oldwolf" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > You will have to reinstall coolbits 2.0 from here
> > http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815
> >

> > "Wolfbane" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> >> I just installed Vista home premium and installed the latest nvidia
> > drivers
> >> for my 7800GS, how do I get back the overclocking tab in the control
> > panel?
> >>

> The embedded OC functions are part of the classic control panel, which has
> been removed completely for Vista.

Shrek1970
July 7th 07, 10:41 AM
coolbits doesn't work in vista, u need to get rivatuner 2.01, works a treat
in vista

"oldwolf" > wrote in message
u...
>I missed that bit about vista.
> I think you can use Ntune, but I think there is a reg file to allow the
> classic control panel under vista. have a look on google for it. I only
> read
> it about 2 days ago.
>

> "Corvus" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> "oldwolf" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> > You will have to reinstall coolbits 2.0 from here
>> > http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815
>> >

>> > "Wolfbane" > wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]
>> > drivers
>> > panel?
>> >>

>> The embedded OC functions are part of the classic control panel, which
>> has
>> been removed completely for Vista.
>>

>> --

Wolfbane
July 7th 07, 03:59 PM
"Shrek1970" > wrote in message
> coolbits doesn't work in vista, u need to get rivatuner 2.01, works a
> treat in vista

Hey thanks, I'd forgotten about Rivatuner, I'll give it a try as nothing
else seems to work.

Rob.