PDA

View Full Version : What driver, please

bob
June 24th 07, 10:18 PM
I have WinXPro SP2

NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT Display Adaptor.

I cannot find the _exact_ new driver for this card, and I know I am probably
2 updates behind. I know that putting in the wrong driver is not a good
thing for me :)

Can anyone give me the URL for the exact driver? The NVIDIA site doesn't
show the exact driver and I don't want to play hit and miss.

Thanks,
Bob

Phil Weldon
June 24th 07, 10:40 PM
'bob' wrote:
|I have WinXPro SP2
|
| NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT Display Adaptor.
|

| I cannot find the _exact_ new driver for this card, and I know I am
probably
| 2 updates behind. I know that putting in the wrong driver is not a good
| thing for me :)
|
| Can anyone give me the URL for the exact driver? The NVIDIA site doesn't
| show the exact driver and I don't want to play hit and miss.
_____

One size more or less fits all. nVidia supplies a 'unified driver' package
that works for all recent nVidia GPU video cards. You have a series 7
nVidia GPU and Windows XP. That's all you need to know; just select from
the nVidia driver page

Also consider that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If you are not having
issues, why do you want to change the driver?

Phil Weldon

"bob" > wrote in message
et...
|I have WinXPro SP2
|
| NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT Display Adaptor.
|

| I cannot find the _exact_ new driver for this card, and I know I am
probably
| 2 updates behind. I know that putting in the wrong driver is not a good
| thing for me :)
|
| Can anyone give me the URL for the exact driver? The NVIDIA site doesn't
| show the exact driver and I don't want to play hit and miss.
|
| Thanks,
| Bob

ShutEye
June 25th 07, 12:12 AM
> | I cannot find the _exact_ new driver for this card, and I know I am
> probably
> | 2 updates behind. I know that putting in the wrong driver is not a good
> | thing for me :)
> |
> | Can anyone give me the URL for the exact driver? The NVIDIA site doesn't
> | show the exact driver and I don't want to play hit and miss.

Just pick the right one for your card and OS here:

> One size more or less fits all. nVidia supplies a 'unified driver'
> package
> that works for all recent nVidia GPU video cards. You have a series 7
> nVidia GPU and Windows XP. That's all you need to know; just select from
> the nVidia driver page

Not true anymore.
The 8xxx series have a seperate driver.

Andi Cole
June 25th 07, 08:12 AM
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24.html

"bob" > wrote in message
et...
>I have WinXPro SP2
>
> NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT Display Adaptor.
>

> I cannot find the _exact_ new driver for this card, and I know I am
> probably 2 updates behind. I know that putting in the wrong driver is not
> a good thing for me :)
>
> Can anyone give me the URL for the exact driver? The NVIDIA site doesn't
> show the exact driver and I don't want to play hit and miss.
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

Nonymous
June 25th 07, 10:51 AM
"ShutEye" > wrote in :

>> | I cannot find the _exact_ new driver for this card, and I know I am
>> probably
>> | 2 updates behind. I know that putting in the wrong driver is not a
>> | good thing for me :)
>> |
>> | Can anyone give me the URL for the exact driver? The NVIDIA site
>> | doesn't show the exact driver and I don't want to play hit and
>> | miss.
>
> Just pick the right one for your card and OS here:
> http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>
>> One size more or less fits all. nVidia supplies a 'unified driver'
>> package
>> that works for all recent nVidia GPU video cards. You have a series
>> 7 nVidia GPU and Windows XP. That's all you need to know; just
>> select from the nVidia driver page
>
> Not true anymore.
> The 8xxx series have a seperate driver.

Which is why he said "you have a series 7 ... That's all you need to know".

ShutEye
June 25th 07, 02:32 PM

I wrote:
>> Not true anymore.
>> The 8xxx series have a seperate driver.

Then you again: :)
> Which is why he said "you have a series 7 ... That's all you need to
> know".

"That works for all recent GPU video cards"
I still think I'm correct but we have vasted too much time on this already
:)
eod

bob
June 25th 07, 09:12 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered. I really appreciated it.
Bob