PDA

View Full Version : ?: switching back to earlier video drivers version

June 11th 07, 03:39 AM
Hi,

I have a Gigabyte 6600GT 128mb card and am currently running on
version 94.24 drivers.

I want to revert back to version 91.74 but when I do it says the
installation didn't work due to "The Parameter is Incorrect/invalid".

Can anyone tell me what this "Parameter" is that's it's having trouble
with? Also Incorrect might not be the correct word, it might be
Invalid. can't remember at the moment.

I want to try this because I am trying to run Second Life and it says
it has an error with the video drivers and to make sure to use the
latest drivers, which I do in this case (94.24). but I wanna try an
earlier version to see if it makes a difference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Bill

DRS
June 11th 07, 04:08 AM
> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> I have a Gigabyte 6600GT 128mb card and am currently running on
> version 94.24 drivers.
>
> I want to revert back to version 91.74 but when I do it says the
> installation didn't work due to "The Parameter is Incorrect/invalid".

Uninstall 94.24 completely, reboot and install the earlier version (I'd
advise 93.81 rather than 91.74).

Stefano[_2_]
June 11th 07, 05:51 PM
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:39:23 +1000, wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a Gigabyte 6600GT 128mb card and am currently running on
>version 94.24 drivers.
>
>I want to revert back to version 91.74 but when I do it says the
>installation didn't work due to "The Parameter is Incorrect/invalid".

I think you can't revert back. The new drivers change/add some things,
so when you try to revert back you got that error.

if you force an installation with older drivers, you could mess a lot.

Wait for the new drivers.

--
Now working at http://www.newonlineshopping.net

Books, Clothing and Accessories, Computers,
Electronics, Gifts, Jewelry and Watches.

Mr.E Solved!
June 11th 07, 10:01 PM
Stefano wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:39:23 +1000, wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Gigabyte 6600GT 128mb card and am currently running on
>> version 94.24 drivers.
>>
>> I want to revert back to version 91.74 but when I do it says the
>> installation didn't work due to "The Parameter is Incorrect/invalid".
>
> I think you can't revert back. The new drivers change/add some things,
> so when you try to revert back you got that error.
>
> if you force an installation with older drivers, you could mess a lot.

What things make the 94.24 drivers uninstallable? Where did you hear
this? This would make the 94.24's the first drivers you can not
uninstall, so you need to back up that assertion.

Pablo Contreras[_2_]
July 14th 07, 05:17 PM
On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:01:28 -0400, "Mr.E Solved!"
> wrote:

>Stefano wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 12:39:23 +1000, wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a Gigabyte 6600GT 128mb card and am currently running on
>>> version 94.24 drivers.
>>>
>>> I want to revert back to version 91.74 but when I do it says the
>>> installation didn't work due to "The Parameter is Incorrect/invalid".
>>
>> I think you can't revert back. The new drivers change/add some things,
>> so when you try to revert back you got that error.
>>
>> if you force an installation with older drivers, you could mess a lot.
>

>What things make the 94.24 drivers uninstallable? Where did you hear
>this? This would make the 94.24's the first drivers you can not
>uninstall, so you need to back up that assertion.

That's funny I got fed-up with version 94.24 drivers too. Forunately
I was able to rollback the driver using DriveImage as I'd made an
image of the disk just before I installed them. :-)

Pablo.