PDA

View Full Version : STALKER: New Nvidia Driver 158.27 Gives Nice Speedup: +10% on my 7900GTX

rms[_2_]
June 2nd 07, 02:33 AM
Give them a try, at http://www.guru3d.com in the downloads section.

Using the 'buildings_timedemo' (linked on one of the
http://www.tweakguides.com stalker pages), my average fps at 1280x1024 went
from 56 to 62, and the minimum fps was consistent from the first to second
runs at 7.2fps, vs jumping from 6.6 to 7.2 or so from 1st run to 2nd using
the 94.24 drivers. This is all done with Float32 shader mod installed
(www.thefloatingpoint.org)

A very nice gain, though I haven't tried them as yet with extended gameplay!
Others at guru3d forums are also reporting gains, so I don't think this is a
mirage!

rms

Rob Convery
June 2nd 07, 09:26 PM
rms wrote:
> Give them a try, at http://www.guru3d.com in the downloads section.
>
> Using the 'buildings_timedemo' (linked on one of the
> http://www.tweakguides.com stalker pages), my average fps at 1280x1024 went
> from 56 to 62, and the minimum fps was consistent from the first to second
> runs at 7.2fps, vs jumping from 6.6 to 7.2 or so from 1st run to 2nd using
> the 94.24 drivers. This is all done with Float32 shader mod installed
> (www.thefloatingpoint.org)
>
> A very nice gain, though I haven't tried them as yet with extended gameplay!
> Others at guru3d forums are also reporting gains, so I don't think this is a
> mirage!
>
> rms

I wonder how the new 158.27 compares to the 158.45 thats been out in
beta for a while