PDA

View Full Version : Can I do DVI Graphics card to VGA monitor?

007Ben
May 28th 07, 05:05 PM
Hi All,
I wish to buy the XFX GeForce 7600 GT (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/
ki.aspx?sku=318606&s=sc)
but I only have a monitor with a VGA cable attachment and do not wish
to purchase another one.
The graphics card has 2 DVI outputs on it but no VGA outputs. If I buy
the DVI-VGA connector (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?
sku=106841&s=sc) , will I be able to continue to use my monitor with
it?

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Ben

First of One[_2_]
May 28th 07, 05:37 PM
This Tigerdirect listing includes a photo of the box contents. A DVI-VGA
adapter is already included in the package.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2427578

"007Ben" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi All,
> I wish to buy the XFX GeForce 7600 GT (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/
> ki.aspx?sku=318606&s=sc)
> but I only have a monitor with a VGA cable attachment and do not wish
> to purchase another one.
> The graphics card has 2 DVI outputs on it but no VGA outputs. If I buy
> the DVI-VGA connector (http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.aspx?
> sku=106841&s=sc) , will I be able to continue to use my monitor with
> it?
>
> Any assistance would be appreciated!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

DaveW[_4_]
May 28th 07, 11:21 PM
The use of the VGA-to-DVI adapter will solve the problem.

--
DaveW

ups.com...