PDA

View Full Version : Artificial Lifeform took over control of Skybuck's Dream PC for 2006 !

Skybuck Flying
May 25th 07, 02:19 AM
Hello,

The weirdest thing just happened:

I was hosting a civilization 3 conquest game.

I went away to go prepare for dinner.

I came back and the computer frooze, it was hanging so it seemed.

The mouse did not respond.

I have seen this freezing before so I thought no big deal, must be a bug
again.

So I reset the system.

The bios/boot screen does not come up, the computer is hanging and doesn't
boot.

Ok now I get a bit a worried... I think hmm... must be a bug again... I am
using a beta bios afterall...

So I reset the computer again. But this time it again does not boot and
hangs again. No input signal for monitor.

I am getting a little bit more worried. I am thinking ok, the bios must be
hanging... I'll just turn off the power and then everything must have been
reset and it will be ok.

So I hold the power button for x seconds and the power goes off... I think
to myself ok no problem... so I wait a few seconds... turn on the power
again.

And all fans spinning at full speed and the computer is still not booting...
no boot screen... no input signal... no nothing.

Ok now I am getting really worried... I repeat the resets and reboots/power
off stuff... and no nothing.

I amazed... I am thinking oh my god... my computer is only one year old...
and already died ? ****.... what am I gonna do now..

(Oh my god as I write this a gigant spider on the wall... I am being invaded
by all kinds of creatures at the moment/this day... gotta kill it :) god
damn, that was one messy nasty spider
big **** on wall... spider must have been attracted by all the light I had
one a while ago at night inspecting my pc oh well, on with the story...
after I cleanup the mess on the wall :) ok mess cleaned up while it was
fresh even if it wasn't easy to clean up spider blood/stuff :) )

Anyway on with the story... I was like ****tttt... now I first of all gotta
bitch on the internet/usenet... and second of all how do I find out what
died ? could be cpu or motherboard or even something else...

I was thinking:

Maybe hackers killed my bios.... I saw somebody just a few days ago that
told me such a story once... scare stuff... the coincidence BAD !

Anyway.... I thought maybe the power surge damaged something... or bad
capacitators... or maybe heat... all kinds of possibilities.

So I decided I was way to hungy to care now... I decided to go eat first and
such.

Then I walked back to the computer for another inspection... and I saw the
cable modem light was burning... the orange light... it was blinking,
meaning it was sending and receiving stuff...

I was like that's odd... I was like wtf... that's almost impossible... my
computer is off... how can their be activity ? Only the internet provider
can make activity on the cable modem while it's off so I thought...

Then I knew this is strange....

So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
blinking !!!

I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
?!?!?!?!

I am thinking... oh-oh... something must have taken control of the network
chip... I am like shiiitt... no way mother****ers !!!

NOBODY takes control of my PC !!! NO SIR BOB !!!!!

So I immediatly PULL THE PLUG !!!

And bam... no more network activity.

That was scary ****...

Ofcourse it was probably just a bug which made my network chip go haywire..

But then again... there is a small.... realllly small possiblity... the
network corruption accidently created an artificial lifeform... that found a
hole/bug in the network chip... and got executed by the network chip... and
started spreading itself across the internet.

So who knows what the thruth is.... the thruth could be... that now an
artificial lifeform is spreading itself across the world... it might have
found other network chips that it can infect... if so... more and more
people will start seeing their computers freeeezzee... else it will just die
out.

So the terminator 2 scenerio is pretty realistic so I believe.

Let that be a warning to future people !

Be ware of the internet and the network chips and any other chips or
software... life could spontanously occur... ****ing you over big time !!!!
=D

So therefore the sentianolistical topic... =D

I don't care what you believe, if you don't like then you can go ****
yourself ! YEAH that's right..

I however found it an interesting and amazing experience... which got my
fantasy going... and was pretty scary...

So there you have folks...

BEWAREEEE ;)

Fortunately... now my computer is working again... I knew it would work
again... as soon as I pulled the plug...

So far ASUS RULES yeaaaaahhhh and NVIDIA tooo yeaaaaahhh and AMD tooo
yeaaaah.

MY PC STILL WORKING WIEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH.

DEATH TO ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORMS nigga's that take over my computer/controls
!!!! ;;;;;;;;;:P********

Bye,
Skybuck.

Eeyore
May 25th 07, 02:53 AM
Skybuck Flying wrote:

> So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
> blinking !!!
>
> I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
> ?!?!?!?!

Because it's not off.

The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.

Graham

peter
May 25th 07, 03:09 AM
Quick or they'll really get you
peter
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> [...]
>
> Be ware of the internet and the network chips and any other chips or
> software... life could spontanously occur... ****ing you over big time
> !!!! =D
>
> So therefore the sentianolistical topic... =D
>
> I don't care what you believe, if you don't like then you can go ****
> yourself ! YEAH that's right..
>
> I however found it an interesting and amazing experience... which got my
> fantasy going... and was pretty scary...
>
> So there you have folks...
>
> BEWAREEEE ;)
>
> Fortunately... now my computer is working again... I knew it would work
> again... as soon as I pulled the plug...
>
> So far ASUS RULES yeaaaaahhhh and NVIDIA tooo yeaaaaahhh and AMD tooo
> yeaaaah.
>
> MY PC STILL WORKING WIEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH.
>
> DEATH TO ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORMS nigga's that take over my computer/controls

David L. Jones
May 25th 07, 03:17 AM
On May 25, 11:19 am, "Skybuck Flying" > wrote:
> [...]
>
> Be ware of the internet and the network chips and any other chips or
> software... life could spontanously occur... ****ing you over big time !!!!
> =D
>
> So therefore the sentianolistical topic... =D
>
> I don't care what you believe, if you don't like then you can go ****
> yourself ! YEAH that's right..
>
> I however found it an interesting and amazing experience... which got my
> fantasy going... and was pretty scary...
>
> So there you have folks...
>
> BEWAREEEE ;)
>
> Fortunately... now my computer is working again... I knew it would work
> again... as soon as I pulled the plug...
>
> So far ASUS RULES yeaaaaahhhh and NVIDIA tooo yeaaaaahhh and AMD tooo
> yeaaaah.
>
> MY PC STILL WORKING WIEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH.
>
> DEATH TO ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORMS nigga's that take over my computer/controls

The cause is that black van with tinted windows parked out the front
of your place, take a look. If the van has disappeared then they are
almost certainly in the place next door to you. Go knock on the door
and find out, just make sure you don't stare into any red lights.

I'd recommend you wear a tin-foil hat for protection in the future.

Dave.

Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie
May 25th 07, 03:25 AM
On Fri, 25 May 2007 03:19:41 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

> But then again... there is a small.... realllly small possiblity... the
> network corruption accidently created an artificial lifeform... that
> found a hole/bug in the network chip... and got executed by the network
> chip... and started spreading itself across the internet.

Can I have a hit of whatever it is you're taking? Sounds like fun!

Thanks!
RIch

D from BC
May 25th 07, 03:46 AM
On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:53:06 GMT, Eeyore
> wrote:

>Skybuck Flying wrote:
>
>> So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
>> blinking !!!
>>
>> I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
>> ?!?!?!?!
>
>Because it's not off.
>
>The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.
>
>Graham

I've never used it but I think most PC LAN hardware has the "wake on
lan" feature...
For that to work, the NIC card or LAN hardware cannot be dead.
So the NIC card is still alive and blinking when the computer is in
standby..or maybe it works too with the computer totally off too
(plugged in)....dunno..
D from BC

D from BC
May 25th 07, 03:48 AM
On Fri, 25 May 2007 02:25:22 GMT, "Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie"
> wrote:

>On Fri, 25 May 2007 03:19:41 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>
>> But then again... there is a small.... realllly small possiblity... the
>> network corruption accidently created an artificial lifeform... that
>> found a hole/bug in the network chip... and got executed by the network
>> chip... and started spreading itself across the internet.
>
>Can I have a hit of whatever it is you're taking? Sounds like fun!
>
>Thanks!
>RIch

Fun..but I think it's causing learning disabilities.. :P
D from BC

Eeyore
May 25th 07, 04:33 AM
D from BC wrote:

> Eeyore wrote:
> >Skybuck Flying wrote:
> >
> >> So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
> >> blinking !!!
> >>
> >> I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
> >> ?!?!?!?!
> >
> >Because it's not off.
> >
> >The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.
>

> I've never used it but I think most PC LAN hardware has the "wake on
> lan" feature...
> For that to work, the NIC card or LAN hardware cannot be dead.
> So the NIC card is still alive and blinking when the computer is in
> standby..or maybe it works too with the computer totally off too
> (plugged in)....dunno..

I just checked a 400W ATX psu I have kicking around.

The 5V standby on that is good for 2.5 A. It powers stuff like any LAN cards and
also the keyboard for wake-up / power-on. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any
reliable standard for the keyboard power keys so my current one only powers off -
not on !

Graham

Skybuck Flying
May 25th 07, 05:48 AM
Hmm happened again just yet.

Some more possibilities:

1. Denial of service attack against beta bios, or network chip.

2. Internet Explorer IE 7 freezes system if only 8 MB of temporarely
space/setting.

(I have increased it to 100 MB just in case ;))

Bye,
Bye,
Skybuck.

Eeyore
May 25th 07, 06:23 AM
Skybuck Flying wrote:

> Hmm happened again just yet.
>
> Some more possibilities:
>
> 1. Denial of service attack against beta bios, or network chip.

Oh right, sure ! You're an idiot !

If you're going to run a beta version of a bios, then expect problems !

Graham

Craig Sutton
May 25th 07, 12:15 PM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> The weirdest thing just happened:

You posting garbage in here

> I was hosting a civilization 3 conquest game.
>
> I went away to go prepare for dinner.
>
> I came back and the computer frooze, it was hanging so it seemed.
>
> The mouse did not respond.
>
> I have seen this freezing before so I thought no big deal, must be a bug
> again.
>
> So I reset the system.
>
> The bios/boot screen does not come up, the computer is hanging and doesn't
> boot.

So switch off your pc at the power plug, give it a minute and then restart
it.

> Ok now I get a bit a worried... I think hmm... must be a bug again... I am
> using a beta bios afterall...
>
> So I reset the computer again. But this time it again does not boot and
> hangs again. No input signal for monitor.

Becuase your didn't do a power off.

> I am getting a little bit more worried. I am thinking ok, the bios must be
> hanging... I'll just turn off the power and then everything must have been
> reset and it will be ok.
>
> So I hold the power button for x seconds and the power goes off... I think
> to myself ok no problem... so I wait a few seconds... turn on the power
> again.

Moronbuck you have an on /off switch at the back of the power supply
switching on and off at the front won't help.

> And all fans spinning at full speed and the computer is still not
> booting... no boot screen... no input signal... no nothing.

switch off at the back wait one minute. Switch back on then power switch on
your front case. If no bios display then reset cmos or try INS held down to
reset

> Ok now I am getting really worried... I repeat the resets and
> reboots/power off stuff... and no nothing.
>
> I amazed... I am thinking oh my god... my computer is only one year old...
> and already died ? ****.... what am I gonna do now..

Pester the newsgroups while fantasizing about moronbucks 2008 dream pc

> Anyway on with the story... I was like ****tttt... now I first of all
> gotta bitch on the internet/usenet... and second of all how do I find out
> what died ? could be cpu or motherboard or even something else...

Why don't you do a course in computer hardware basics?

> I was thinking:
>
> Maybe hackers killed my bios.... I saw somebody just a few days ago that
> told me such a story once... scare stuff... the coincidence BAD !

Cuckoo land

> Anyway.... I thought maybe the power surge damaged something... or bad
> capacitators... or maybe heat... all kinds of possibilities.

true

> So I decided I was way to hungy to care now... I decided to go eat first
> and such.
>
> Then I walked back to the computer for another inspection... and I saw the
> cable modem light was burning... the orange light... it was blinking,
> meaning it was sending and receiving stuff...

IS that what it does?????

> I was like that's odd... I was like wtf... that's almost impossible... my
> computer is off... how can their be activity ? Only the internet provider
> can make activity on the cable modem while it's off so I thought...
>
> Then I knew this is strange....
>
> So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
> blinking !!!
>
> I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
> ?!?!?!?!

Switching pc off at the front, power is still supplied. Gee hope you know
that before mucking around inside the case..

> I am thinking... oh-oh... something must have taken control of the network
> chip... I am like shiiitt... no way mother****ers !!!

uh huh

> NOBODY takes control of my PC !!! NO SIR BOB !!!!!
>
> So I immediatly PULL THE PLUG !!!
>
> And bam... no more network activity.
>
> That was scary ****...

Suggest you stop smoking it.

> Ofcourse it was probably just a bug which made my network chip go
> haywire..
>
> But then again... there is a small.... realllly small possiblity... the
> network corruption accidently created an artificial lifeform... that found
> a hole/bug in the network chip... and got executed by the network chip...
> and started spreading itself across the internet.

uh huhhhhhhhhh

> So who knows what the thruth is.... the thruth could be... that now an
> artificial lifeform is spreading itself across the world... it might have
> found other network chips that it can infect... if so... more and more
> people will start seeing their computers freeeezzee... else it will just
> die out.
>
> So the terminator 2 scenerio is pretty realistic so I believe.
>
> Let that be a warning to future people !
>
> Be ware of the internet and the network chips and any other chips or
> software... life could spontanously occur... ****ing you over big time
> !!!! =D
>
> So therefore the sentianolistical topic... =D

They know where u live

> I don't care what you believe, if you don't like then you can go ****
> yourself ! YEAH that's right..
>
> I however found it an interesting and amazing experience... which got my
> fantasy going... and was pretty scary...
>
> So there you have folks...
>
> BEWAREEEE ;)
>
> Fortunately... now my computer is working again... I knew it would work
> again... as soon as I pulled the plug...
>
> So far ASUS RULES yeaaaaahhhh and NVIDIA tooo yeaaaaahhh and AMD tooo
> yeaaaah.
>
> MY PC STILL WORKING WIEEEEEEEEEEEEE YEAH.
>
> DEATH TO ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORMS nigga's that take over my computer/controls
> !!!! ;;;;;;;;;:P********

Someone call a doctor...

Craig Sutton
May 25th 07, 12:16 PM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> Hmm happened again just yet.
>
> Some more possibilities:
>
> 1. Denial of service attack against beta bios, or network chip.
>
> 2. Internet Explorer IE 7 freezes system if only 8 MB of temporarely
> space/setting.
>
> (I have increased it to 100 MB just in case ;))

Moronbuck so look event viewer see what it says.

Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie
May 25th 07, 07:16 PM
On Fri, 25 May 2007 02:48:37 +0000, D from BC wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 02:25:22 GMT, "Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippie"
>>On Fri, 25 May 2007 03:19:41 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:
>>
>>> But then again... there is a small.... realllly small possiblity... the
>>> network corruption accidently created an artificial lifeform... that
>>> found a hole/bug in the network chip... and got executed by the network
>>> chip... and started spreading itself across the internet.
>>
>>Can I have a hit of whatever it is you're taking? Sounds like fun!
>
> Fun..but I think it's causing learning disabilities.. :P

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/state-dependent+learning

Cheers!
Rich

Rich Grise
May 25th 07, 07:19 PM
On Fri, 25 May 2007 02:46:38 +0000, D from BC wrote:
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:53:06 GMT, Eeyore
>>Skybuck Flying wrote:
>>
>>> So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
>>> blinking !!!
>>>
>>> I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
>>> ?!?!?!?!
>>
>>Because it's not off.
>>
>>The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.
>
> I've never used it but I think most PC LAN hardware has the "wake on
> lan" feature...
> For that to work, the NIC card or LAN hardware cannot be dead.
> So the NIC card is still alive and blinking when the computer is in
> standby..or maybe it works too with the computer totally off too
> (plugged in)....dunno..

I've seen LAN adapters' LED light up even when the computer's off!
Apparently, in those cases, it just indicates "there's something plugged
in here".

Cheers!
Rich

Folk
May 25th 07, 07:29 PM
On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:53:06 GMT, Eeyore
> wrote:

>Skybuck Flying wrote:
>
>> So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led is
>> blinking !!!
>>
>> I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
>> ?!?!?!?!
>
>Because it's not off.
>
>The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.
>
>Graham

All the cool kids have kill-filtered this troll.

redbelly
May 26th 07, 12:15 AM
On May 24, 9:19 pm, "Skybuck Flying" > wrote:

> Fortunately... now my computer is working again...

You misspelled "unfortunately".

Winfield
May 26th 07, 10:04 AM
rabbits... wrote:
> Skybuck Flying wrote:
>> So I look at the back of the computer... and the
>> network plug light/led is blinking !!!
>
>> I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking
>> while the pc is off ?!?!?!?!
>
> Because it's not off.
>
> The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.

Right. I have several comments. It's not unusual
for some computers to become "stuck" in such a
fashion that a full-fledged power cycle is required.
If you have an older PC power supply with an honest
ON/OFF switch on the back you can cycle that switch,
otherwise you'll have to pull the cord. Second, I've
observed that lots of ethernet-enabled devices keep
their interface running, including the activity LEDs,
when the power is officially turned off, and you'd
imagine the machine is in fact OFF. Some examples
are network printers, laptop computers, etc. They
may be capable of running certain "wake-on-network"
commands, etc. Who can say, they didn't tell us.
No doubt some type of subterfuge is involved. :-)

toby
May 26th 07, 08:06 PM
On May 24, 10:19 pm, "Skybuck Flying" > wrote:
> [blah cut]
> DEATH TO ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORMS nigga's that take over my computer/controls
> !!!! ;;;;;;;;;:P********

So run Linux, OS X, *BSD or Solaris and STFU.

> Bye,
> Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
May 27th 07, 03:09 AM
"Craig Sutton" > wrote in message

> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>> Hmm happened again just yet.
>>
>> Some more possibilities:
>>
>> 1. Denial of service attack against beta bios, or network chip.
>>
>> 2. Internet Explorer IE 7 freezes system if only 8 MB of temporarely
>> space/setting.
>>
>> (I have increased it to 100 MB just in case ;))
>>

> Moronbuck so look event viewer see what it says.

I did that you retard, now I regret it.

I deleted some drivers which were reported not being loaded, incompatible it
said.

Now deamon tools and the dvd drive don't work anymore !

Last time I follow your advice you turd :)

Only a retard like you can appreciate the retardedness of the event log:

1. Retarded Software that uses the Retarded Event Log doesn't warn when
something suppossedly "bad" happens ! retarded.

2. One has to figure out much later what happened at the time, travelling
backwards in time ! retarded.

3. Event log is cryptic ! retarded.

4. Event log is misleading ! retarded.

Retarded, retarded, retarded and retarded =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying
May 27th 07, 03:19 AM
"toby" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On May 24, 10:19 pm, "Skybuck Flying" > wrote:
>> [blah cut]
>> DEATH TO ARTIFICIAL LIFEFORMS nigga's that take over my computer/controls
>> !!!! ;;;;;;;;;:P********
>
> So run Linux, OS X, *BSD or Solaris and STFU.

Oh my god absolutely not:

Bye,
Skybuck :)

Skybuck Flying
May 27th 07, 05:58 AM
LOL,

Never mind, you piece of retard :)

I fixed the problems and I fixed even more problems ! =D

And noooooowww YOU *can* GO **** YOURSELF ! :P* =D

Wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Byyyyeee,
Byyyeee,
Skybuck.

Quite an interesting experience I must say
:P*********:P*:*P*:P*:P**:*P*P*P*P*:*P*:*P*:P***** ********

=D

Craig Sutton
May 27th 07, 06:18 AM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message

> "Craig Sutton" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
>>> Hmm happened again just yet.
>>>
>>> Some more possibilities:
>>>
>>> 1. Denial of service attack against beta bios, or network chip.
>>>
>>> 2. Internet Explorer IE 7 freezes system if only 8 MB of temporarely
>>> space/setting.
>>>
>>> (I have increased it to 100 MB just in case ;))
>>>

>> Moronbuck so look event viewer see what it says.
>
> I did that you retard, now I regret it.
>
> I deleted some drivers which were reported not being loaded, incompatible
> it said.
>
> Now deamon tools and the dvd drive don't work anymore !
>
> Last time I follow your advice you turd :)
>
> Only a retard like you can appreciate the retardedness of the event log:
>
> 1. Retarded Software that uses the Retarded Event Log doesn't warn when
> something suppossedly "bad" happens ! retarded.
>
> 2. One has to figure out much later what happened at the time, travelling
> backwards in time ! retarded.
>
> 3. Event log is cryptic ! retarded.
>
> 4. Event log is misleading ! retarded.
>
> Retarded, retarded, retarded and retarded =D

There are special classes to help you with that.

Craig Sutton
May 27th 07, 06:18 AM
"Skybuck Flying" > wrote in message
> LOL,
>
> Never mind, you piece of retard :)
>
> I fixed the problems and I fixed even more problems ! =D
>
> And noooooowww YOU *can* GO **** YOURSELF ! :P* =D
>
> Wieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>
> Byyyyeee,
> Byyyeee,
> Skybuck.
>
> Quite an interesting experience I must say
> :P*********:P*:*P*:P*:P**:*P*P*P*P*:*P*:*P*:P***** ********
>
> =D

Oh dear now he's talking to himself.

Skybuck Flying
May 27th 07, 04:22 PM
Go screw yourself :)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

goPostal
May 28th 07, 01:05 AM
"Folk" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 25 May 2007 01:53:06 GMT, Eeyore
> > wrote:
>

>>Skybuck Flying wrote:
>>
>>> So I look at the back of the computer... and the network plug light/led
>>> is
>>> blinking !!!
>>>
>>> I am like WTF ?! How can my light/led be blinking while the pc is off
>>> ?!?!?!?!
>>
>>Because it's not off.
>>
>>The standby 5V can supply up to 2 amps IIRC.
>>
>>Graham
>
> All the cool kids have kill-filtered this troll.

I'm with you Folk. There was a little entertainment value to it, but the
weird factor got to be too high.