PDA

View Full Version : How hot should it run

Robert[_3_]
May 21st 07, 02:25 AM
Hi y'all,

I recently acquired an AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 5400+ and am alarmed at
the temperatures I see being reported. I know in the past that AMD
chips were reported to run hotter than those other guys, but this one
(while running FSX at full res) is running at 141 degrees. This done in
a room at 73 degree F. Does this sound about right? I bought what I
thought was a good piped (all copper) cooler. Do I need a better cooler?

Thanks.

Robert

mr deo
May 21st 07, 01:07 PM
"Robert" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hi y'all,
>
> I recently acquired an AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core 5400+ and am alarmed at
> the temperatures I see being reported. I know in the past that AMD
> chips were reported to run hotter than those other guys, but this one
> (while running FSX at full res) is running at 141 degrees. This done in
> a room at 73 degree F. Does this sound about right? I bought what I
> thought was a good piped (all copper) cooler. Do I need a better cooler?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Robert

60c at full bore doesnt sound that bad. If you look on amd's website I
think they list the running time for this processor at 55c+