PDA

View Full Version : SLI VISTA and Green Pixels

Chuck
May 6th 07, 08:28 PM
K, here is my issue I am hoping someone can help me out with. I play BF2 on
my computer and when I enable SLI with my Nivida 7600GT's I get green pixels
all over the screen. I have messed with settings and found that only turning
off SLI gets rid of them.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes?

Chuck

Mr.E Solved!
May 7th 07, 05:08 AM
Chuck wrote:

> K, here is my issue I am hoping someone can help me out with. I play BF2
> on my computer and when I enable SLI with my Nivida 7600GT's I get green
> pixels all over the screen. I have messed with settings and found that
> only turning off SLI gets rid of them.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem? Any fixes?
>
> Chuck

Regularly patterned pixel artifacts (green or pink, red, purple)
generally indicate video ram failure.

Even if each card runs properly individually, but only fails in SLI, you
still can not discount hardware failure, specifically in the VRAM. But
you can suspect a driver issue.

Try another game, see what happens.

Thomas
May 8th 07, 04:56 AM
Mr.E Solved! wrote:
> > K, here is my issue I am hoping someone can help me out with. I
> > play BF2 on my computer and when I enable SLI with my Nivida
> > 7600GT's I get green pixels all over the screen. I have messed with
> > settings and found that only turning off SLI gets rid of them.
>
> Regularly patterned pixel artifacts (green or pink, red, purple)
> generally indicate video ram failure.
>
> Even if each card runs properly individually, but only fails in SLI,
> you still can not discount hardware failure, specifically in the
> VRAM. But you can suspect a driver issue.
>
> Try another game, see what happens.

To further analyse this possible cause, you could try underclocking both
cards. If they still produce the green pattern, video RAM failure is a bit
less likely...

--
Met vriendelijke groeten, Thomas van der Horst

Geoff
May 8th 07, 09:30 AM
"Thomas" > wrote in message
.. .
> Mr.E Solved! wrote:
>> > K, here is my issue I am hoping someone can help me out with. I
>> > play BF2 on my computer and when I enable SLI with my Nivida
>> > 7600GT's I get green pixels all over the screen. I have messed with
>> > settings and found that only turning off SLI gets rid of them.
>>
>> Regularly patterned pixel artifacts (green or pink, red, purple)
>> generally indicate video ram failure.
>>
>> Even if each card runs properly individually, but only fails in SLI,
>> you still can not discount hardware failure, specifically in the
>> VRAM. But you can suspect a driver issue.
>>
>> Try another game, see what happens.
>
> To further analyse this possible cause, you could try underclocking both
> cards. If they still produce the green pattern, video RAM failure is a bit
> less likely...

or not enough power ?
run each one by itself to check it