PDA

View Full Version : 7800GS OC in Vista??

Charlie[_2_]
April 28th 07, 10:03 PM
Is there a simple and easy-to-use OC utility that works for this card
(7800GS) under Vista.
I used Cool Bits successfully under XP on a 6600gt. I am looking for a
similar ease-of-use and overall user experience.

TIA,
Charlie

First of One[_2_]
April 28th 07, 10:29 PM
Rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner

ATiTool (can oc nVidia cards now):
http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=26246

"Charlie" > wrote in message
> Is there a simple and easy-to-use OC utility that works for this card
> (7800GS) under Vista.
> I used Cool Bits successfully under XP on a 6600gt. I am looking for a
> similar ease-of-use and overall user experience.
>
> TIA,
> Charlie

don't look[_2_]
April 29th 07, 03:20 AM
"First of One" > wrote in message
> Rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner
>
> ATiTool (can oc nVidia cards now):
> http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=26246

> "Charlie" > wrote in message
> > Is there a simple and easy-to-use OC utility that works for this card
> > (7800GS) under Vista.
> > I used Cool Bits successfully under XP on a 6600gt. I am looking for a
> > similar ease-of-use and overall user experience.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Charlie

There's Riva tuner 2.0 too.Try www.3dguru.com

oldwolf
April 29th 07, 03:36 AM
"don't look" <don't > wrote in message

> "First of One" > wrote in message
> > Rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner
> >
> > ATiTool (can oc nVidia cards now):
> > http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=26246
> >
> > --
> > "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
> > It can therefore be said that politics is war without
> > bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
> >

> > "Charlie" > wrote in message
> > > Is there a simple and easy-to-use OC utility that works for this card
> > > (7800GS) under Vista.
> > > I used Cool Bits successfully under XP on a 6600gt. I am looking for a
> > > similar ease-of-use and overall user experience.
> > >
> > > TIA,
> > > Charlie
> >

> There's Riva tuner 2.0 too.Try www.3dguru.com

Its www.guru3d.com

First of One[_2_]
April 29th 07, 07:52 PM
First, you didn't read my post. Second, you gave the wrong URL...

"don't look" <don't > wrote in message

> "First of One" > wrote in message
>> Rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner
>>
>> ATiTool (can oc nVidia cards now):
>> http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=26246
>>
>> --
>> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
>> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
>> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
>>

>> "Charlie" > wrote in message
>> > Is there a simple and easy-to-use OC utility that works for this card
>> > (7800GS) under Vista.
>> > I used Cool Bits successfully under XP on a 6600gt. I am looking for a
>> > similar ease-of-use and overall user experience.
>> >
>> > TIA,
>> > Charlie
>>

> There's Riva tuner 2.0 too.Try www.3dguru.com

Venger
April 30th 07, 12:15 AM
The beta ATITool works on my 7950GT...

Venger

"Charlie" > wrote in message
> Is there a simple and easy-to-use OC utility that works for this card
> (7800GS) under Vista.
> I used Cool Bits successfully under XP on a 6600gt. I am looking for a
> similar ease-of-use and overall user experience.
>
> TIA,
> Charlie

don't look[_2_]
April 30th 07, 06:46 AM
Sorry 'bout the typo( www.guru3d.com ).
And,you're right.I didn't answer your post.Thing is,a lot of
stuff,especially these type of apps don't work in Vista. There will most
likely be updates for the more widely used of these.

"First of One" > wrote in message
> First, you didn't read my post. Second, you gave the wrong URL...

> "don't look" <don't > wrote in message
> >
> > "First of One" > wrote in message
> >> Rivatuner: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner
> >>
> >> ATiTool (can oc nVidia cards now):
> >> http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=26246
> >>
> >> --
> >> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
> >> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
> >> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."

> > There's Riva tuner 2.0 too.Try www.3dguru.com

Nicole & Tom Guymer
May 13th 07, 02:49 AM
Charlie wrote:
> Is there a simple and easy-to-use OC utility that works for this card
> (7800GS) under Vista.
> I used Cool Bits successfully under XP on a 6600gt. I am looking for a
> similar ease-of-use and overall user experience.
>
> TIA,
> Charlie
>

> ---
> Virus Database (VPS): 000739-3, 05/11/2007
> Tested on: 5/13/2007 11:46:18 AM

I can't speak for your 7800gs, but I have a 7600gs and it uses the same
drivers. The latest beta drivers on the nvidia web site now work with
nvidia's own overclocking software. Forceware 158.24 ntune 5.05.38.00

You may need to overclock again each time you restart vista, but it
works fine.

Regards,

Tom

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000739-3, 05/11/2007
Tested on: 5/13/2007 11:49:14 AM