PDA

View Full Version : nvidia - Desktop Profiles

April 16th 07, 08:43 PM
Is there any way i can give all users of a PC the same nvidia desktop
profile (ie with multi monitor setup)
At the moment I have to run the Desktop Management Setup Wizard for
each user.

I'm in an office environment, and would rather not have to configure
the displays each time a new user logs on to the PC.

I guess there must be someway of doing it but just cant work it out.
I'm using the latest drivers downloaded from nvidia.com, with an
Nvidia Quadro NVS280, on Windows XP SP2.

Any ideas welcome,
Cheers
Steve

Mr.E Solved!
April 16th 07, 09:18 PM
wrote:
> Is there any way i can give all users of a PC the same nvidia desktop
> profile (ie with multi monitor setup)
> At the moment I have to run the Desktop Management Setup Wizard for
> each user.
>
> I'm in an office environment, and would rather not have to configure
> the displays each time a new user logs on to the PC.
>
> I guess there must be someway of doing it but just cant work it out.
> I'm using the latest drivers downloaded from nvidia.com, with an
> Nvidia Quadro NVS280, on Windows XP SP2.
>
> Any ideas welcome,
> Cheers
> Steve

You can import and export desktop profiles under the display management
section of the nvidia forceware properties page.

You can't miss it, seeing as how it is right under the display wizard
optimization section!

If you do not see profile options, maybe they only work when coolbits
are activated, though I do not think that is the case.