PDA

View Full Version : Does NVIDIA driver have an option to center and not stretch non-native resolutions for LCD monitors?

Ant
February 5th 07, 09:01 PM
Hello,

I recently replaced my old dying 17" CRT monitor with a 19" LCD monitor.
I hate the stretch feature when not using non-native resolutions. Is
there an option in the newest NVIDIA drivers to not stretch and just
center the non-stretched resolution (e.g., 800x600)? I can't seem to
find it.

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"When many work together for a goal, great things may be accomplished. It is said a lion cub was killed by a single colony of ants." --Saskya Pandita
/\___/\
( )

RF
February 5th 07, 09:59 PM
"Ant" > wrote in message
et...
> Hello,
>
> I recently replaced my old dying 17" CRT monitor with a 19" LCD monitor.
> I hate the stretch feature when not using non-native resolutions. Is
> there an option in the newest NVIDIA drivers to not stretch and just
> center the non-stretched resolution (e.g., 800x600)? I can't seem to
> find it.
>
> Thank you in advance. :)
> --
> "When many work together for a goal, great things may be accomplished. It
> is said a lion cub was killed by a single colony of ants." --Saskya
> Pandita
> /\___/\
> / /\ /\ \ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
> | |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
> \ _ / Please remove ANT if replying by e-mail.
> ( )

If using the old Display Properties: Settings/Advanced/your video card tab.
Within one of the items in the list on the left, there should be a "Device
Settings.." button that will have settings for your monitor. In there, you
can change it to center, scaled, etc.

If using the new nVidia Contol Panel: Display Settings, Change Flat Panel
Scaling. Do Not Scale will center it.

RF.

Ant
February 5th 07, 11:12 PM
RF > wrote:
> "Ant" > wrote in message
> et...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently replaced my old dying 17" CRT monitor with a 19" LCD monitor.
> > I hate the stretch feature when not using non-native resolutions. Is
> > there an option in the newest NVIDIA drivers to not stretch and just
> > center the non-stretched resolution (e.g., 800x600)? I can't seem to
> > find it.
> >
> > Thank you in advance. :)

> If using the old Display Properties: Settings/Advanced/your video card tab.
> Within one of the items in the list on the left, there should be a "Device
> Settings.." button that will have settings for your monitor. In there, you
> can change it to center, scaled, etc.

> If using the new nVidia Contol Panel: Display Settings, Change Flat Panel
> Scaling. Do Not Scale will center it.

Thanks! I will check it out when I get home. :) I can handle black
borders, but not stretched screen espeically with texts. Ugh!
--
"When many work together for a goal, great things may be accomplished. It is said a lion cub was killed by a single colony of ants." --Saskya Pandita
/\___/\
/ /\ /\ \ Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
( )

Ant
February 6th 07, 06:54 AM
> > I recently replaced my old dying 17" CRT monitor with a 19" LCD monitor.
> > I hate the stretch feature when not using non-native resolutions. Is
> > there an option in the newest NVIDIA drivers to not stretch and just
> > center the non-stretched resolution (e.g., 800x600)? I can't seem to
> > find it.
> >
> > Thank you in advance. :)

> If using the old Display Properties: Settings/Advanced/your video card tab.
> Within one of the items in the list on the left, there should be a "Device
> Settings.." button that will have settings for your monitor. In there, you
> can change it to center, scaled, etc.

> If using the new nVidia Contol Panel: Display Settings, Change Flat Panel
> Scaling. Do Not Scale will center it.

Strange, NVIDIA driver thinks I am using CRT even though I have the
correct monitor driver installed showing in Windows XP Pro. SP2's Device
Manager. What the heck? Even my Linux NVIDIA driver thinks the same.
Eh?

I forgot to mention I am using VGA connection due to my old 2-ports
Belkin KVM since I share computers with PS/2 mouse and monitor. I also
had a 17" Samsung SyncMaster 763MB CRT before I got this new Samsung
SyncMaster 931BF LCD monitor. Driver just says "Samsung SyncMaster" but
no model number.