PDA

View Full Version : 7900 GT fan speed

F r e e
January 30th 07, 12:35 AM
I read that people with a 7900GS witnessed their GPU fan changing speeds!!!
I never ever get a fan speed change, and Nvidia control panel always says
its at 100$%.... My XTX 7900GT EE does not have the advertised feature!
How's that?

Thanks if somebody knows why, so next time i can buy a full featured card.

f r e e

First of One
January 31st 07, 01:16 AM
Advertised feature? Where?

The 7900GT by default has a constant-speed fan, though you may be able to
alter the fan speed using Rivatuner. The 7900GS is a newer card.

"F r e e" > wrote in message
>I read that people with a 7900GS witnessed their GPU fan changing speeds!!!
>I never ever get a fan speed change, and Nvidia control panel always says
>its at 100$%.... My XTX 7900GT EE does not have the advertised feature!
>How's that?
>
> Thanks if somebody knows why, so next time i can buy a full featured card.
>

> f r e e

F r e e
February 1st 07, 11:58 AM
time back, when the 7xxx series came out it was advertised, but ... ****
happens

I have tried rivatuner and lots of apps, but the only apps that tell me the
fan speed is the Nvidia control panel and PC Wizars'06 (don't know if the
100% speed is an actual *reading* or just a fixed data), and no app
whatsoever seems to be alle to *change* it, some sites talk about a
transistor or something thats not on the 7900GT card.

cheers,
f r e e

"First of One" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
> Advertised feature? Where?
>
> The 7900GT by default has a constant-speed fan, though you may be able to
> alter the fan speed using Rivatuner. The 7900GS is a newer card.

> "F r e e" > wrote in message
>>I read that people with a 7900GS witnessed their GPU fan changing
>>speeds!!! I never ever get a fan speed change, and Nvidia control panel
>>always says its at 100$%.... My XTX 7900GT EE does not have the
>>advertised feature! How's that?
>>
>> Thanks if somebody knows why, so next time i can buy a full featured
>> card.
>>

>> f r e e

F r e e
February 1st 07, 12:34 PM
looks like this website has a XFX (my brand) support member participating
and offers BIOS downloads that solve this problem!
But i need to register to d/l or talk, but registration is disabled! :-/

"F r e e" > escribió en el mensaje
>I read that people with a 7900GS witnessed their GPU fan changing speeds!!!
>I never ever get a fan speed change, and Nvidia control panel always says
>its at 100$%.... My XTX 7900GT EE does not have the advertised feature!
>How's that?
>
> Thanks if somebody knows why, so next time i can buy a full featured card.
>

> f r e e

First of One
February 2nd 07, 02:27 AM
http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,26/func,selectfolder/cat,70/page,7/
This site has BIOS downloads. Just be very careful to select the correct
file for your specific card, and obviously back up your current BIOS first.

"F r e e" > wrote in message
> looks like this website has a XFX (my brand) support member participating
> and offers BIOS downloads that solve this problem!
> But i need to register to d/l or talk, but registration is disabled! :-/
>

> "F r e e" > escribió en el mensaje
>>I read that people with a 7900GS witnessed their GPU fan changing
>>speeds!!! I never ever get a fan speed change, and Nvidia control panel
>>always says its at 100$%.... My XTX 7900GT EE does not have the
>>advertised feature! How's that?
>>
>> Thanks if somebody knows why, so next time i can buy a full featured
>> card.
>>

>> f r e e

Mr.E Solved!
February 2nd 07, 05:25 AM
First of One wrote:
> http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,26/func,selectfolder/cat,70/page,7/

> This site has BIOS downloads. Just be very careful to select the correct
> file for your specific card, and obviously back up your current BIOS first.

Best site for BIOS magic on the internet, wise is the one with an
mvktech.net bookmark.

F r e e
February 2nd 07, 12:38 PM
thanks 1st1! that site is a good one.
Yesterday i contacted XFX helpdesk and they pointed my to teh BIOS i
need..... not at XFX, but at Bjorn3d!!?!!
Now my fan is runing at 35%, and it never changes (i never reach the heat
thresold i suppose) even gaming...

:)

"First of One" <[email protected]> escribió en el mensaje
> http://www.mvktech.net/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,26/func,selectfolder/cat,70/page,7/
> This site has BIOS downloads. Just be very careful to select the correct
> file for your specific card, and obviously back up your current BIOS
> first.

> "F r e e" > wrote in message
>> looks like this website has a XFX (my brand) support member participating
>> and offers BIOS downloads that solve this problem!
>> But i need to register to d/l or talk, but registration is disabled! :-/
>>

>> "F r e e" > escribió en el mensaje
>>>I read that people with a 7900GS witnessed their GPU fan changing
>>>speeds!!! I never ever get a fan speed change, and Nvidia control panel
>>>always says its at 100$%.... My XTX 7900GT EE does not have the
>>>advertised feature! How's that?
>>>
>>> Thanks if somebody knows why, so next time i can buy a full featured
>>> card.
>>>

>>> f r e e

Pipboy
February 4th 07, 08:36 AM
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:16:39 -0500, First of One wrote:

> Advertised feature? Where?
>
> The 7900GT by default has a constant-speed fan, though you may be able to
> alter the fan speed using Rivatuner. The 7900GS is a newer card.

Not my EVGA 7900GT OC, the fan speeds up anytime a 3D game loads. In 2D
mode it slows down and is very quiet. Only thing is that it speeds up when
I load my TV Tuner app for some reason but slows down again after about one
minute.