PDA

View Full Version : 7600GT Leadtek vs. XFX

January 28th 07, 04:10 PM
Someone said that he's selling his Leadtek PX7600 GT THD
(Exclusive Design) and is going to buy an XFX 7600GT Fatality
edition. As far as I can tell, the main difference is that
the Leadtek card has the GPU clocked at 560MHz and the memory
at 700MHz (1.4GHz effective) whereas the XFX models run the
GPU at 560-590 MHz and the memory at 700-800 MHz. He didn't
specify which XFX model he's buying, but I guess it must be
one of the more overclocked ones.

Are there any other differences besides the clock speeds
between the Leadtek model and the XFX line up ? If not, What
kind of real-world difference could be expected between a
560/700 card and a 590/800 model - something like 10% in fps ?

DRS
January 28th 07, 04:17 PM
> wrote in message
oups.com

[...]

> Are there any other differences besides the clock speeds
> between the Leadtek model and the XFX line up ? If not, What
> kind of real-world difference could be expected between a
> 560/700 card and a 590/800 model - something like 10% in fps ?

Companies like XFX that routinely overclock their retail products usually
use higher grade components (like RAM). That said, Leadtek are a reasonable
brand and there's not a hell of a lot of difference in real world
performance unless you're going for that extra few FPS in a seriously
demanding game.

January 28th 07, 07:14 PM
On Jan 28, 8:17 pm, "DRS" > wrote:
> > wrote in ooglegroups.com
>
> [...]
>
> > Are there any other differences besides the clock speeds
> > between the Leadtek model and the XFX line up ? If not, What
> > kind of real-world difference could be expected between a
> > 560/700 card and a 590/800 model - something like 10% in fps ?Companies like XFX that routinely overclock their retail products usually
> use higher grade components (like RAM). That said, Leadtek are a reasonable
> brand and there's not a hell of a lot of difference in real world
> performance unless you're going for that extra few FPS in a seriously
> demanding game.

Got it. Thanks.