PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Cards coming down in Price?

January 23rd 07, 08:27 PM
Hello,

someone informed me that there are a new batch of (DirectX10?) graphics
cards coming out soon and these will affect the prices of current
cards, i.e. - make them cheaper, as the technology is slightly older

is this true?

when are these cards likely to come out?

by how much will e.g. an ATI X1950 come down by (currently retaling for
~ 120)?

Advice appreciated

thanks

Conor
January 23rd 07, 08:39 PM
In article om>,
says...
> Hello,
>
> someone informed me that there are a new batch of (DirectX10?) graphics
> cards coming out soon and these will affect the prices of current
> cards, i.e. - make them cheaper, as the technology is slightly older
>
> is this true?

It's always happening.

> when are these cards likely to come out?

How long is a piece of string?

> by how much will e.g. an ATI X1950 come down by (currently retaling for
> ~ 120)?

How long is a piece of string?

--
Conor

If you're not on somebody's **** list, you're not doing anything
worthwhile.

DRS
January 24th 07, 05:34 AM
"Conor" > wrote in message

> In article om>,
> says...
>> Hello,
>>
>> someone informed me that there are a new batch of (DirectX10?)
>> graphics cards coming out soon and these will affect the prices of
>> current cards, i.e. - make them cheaper, as the technology is
>> slightly older
>>
>> is this true?
>>
> It's always happening.
>
>> when are these cards likely to come out?
>>
> How long is a piece of string?

The rumour is March.

http://www.guru3d.com/newsitem.php?id=4834

VicTek
January 24th 07, 05:27 PM
>someone informed me that there are a new batch of (DirectX10?) graphics
>cards coming out soon and these will affect the prices of current
>cards, i.e. - make them cheaper, as the technology is slightly older-is
>this true?
>
>when are these cards likely to come out?
>
>by how much will e.g. an ATI X1950 come down by (currently retaling for
>~ 120)?

It is an ongoing process that technology gradually gets cheaper as it gets
older and is replaced by newer/better/faster stuff, but you will have to
wait and see much the X1950 gets bumped down. Nobody "knows" in advance.