PDA

View Full Version : GLQuake 1.13 and 7600GS


Lars-Erik Østerud
January 20th 07, 03:01 PM
I loved GLQuake 1.13a as I had some trouble with the 0.97 (it wouldn't
start until I switched active program back/forth)

But after I upgraded my video card from a Nvidia Ti-4200 to a Nvidia
7600GS (same drivers) GLQuake 1.13a won't start. It crashes after
Quake has loaded all drivers (the main Quake screen comes up) and it
says an error occurred, details show that the error occured here:

nvoglnt.dll (wild guess is that this is the Nvidia OpenGL driver)

The 0.97 version works as always, so it's somthing in the new version

Are there any command line switches I can add to debug, or to disable
some features. To isolate what is causing the GPF in the OpenGL DLL?
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53GHz, 512MB, MSI 7600GS, SB-Live

Shep©
January 24th 07, 01:59 AM
On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:01:07 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition Lars-Erik Østerud <[email protected]> sent this
:

>I loved GLQuake 1.13a as I had some trouble with the 0.97 (it wouldn't
>start until I switched active program back/forth)
>
>But after I upgraded my video card from a Nvidia Ti-4200 to a Nvidia
>7600GS (same drivers) GLQuake 1.13a won't start. It crashes after
>Quake has loaded all drivers (the main Quake screen comes up) and it
>says an error occurred, details show that the error occured here:
>
>nvoglnt.dll (wild guess is that this is the Nvidia OpenGL driver)
>
>The 0.97 version works as always, so it's somthing in the new version
>
>Are there any command line switches I can add to debug, or to disable
>some features. To isolate what is causing the GPF in the OpenGL DLL?

Ooooh.And ,"Old School" player<grin>.

Try Zquake,
http://zquake.frag.ru/

It's a better client than the standard GL.Lots of tweaks to do.I'm
still running it in winXP and not even on,"Compatibilty" mode.

If you want to try Compatibility mode on your present client then just
right click on the GL quake .exe you are using/properties/Run this
Blah Blah Compatibility and choose say Win98.

Note: I still load from a .bat file even in WinXP pointed to in an old
hacked version of Gamespy,

zqwcl-gl.exe -width 800 -conwidth 600 -conheight 600 -heapsize 100000
SET SST_SCREENREFRESH=75

I could go way higher on res but I love the Mega speed of running an
old win95 game on an AMd XP 3800<BFG).

I get a timerefresh of 2,400 + FPS Heh Fu**ing Heh :D

I wish some of the younger guys would go retro and play the old GL
online.It's the best and dirtiest onliner and all free and plays
like,"SH*T off a Stick" on modern systems.Still quite a few servers to
play on as well :)




--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=88558

Lars-Erik Østerud
January 24th 07, 02:16 AM
> Try Zquake,
> http://zquake.frag.ru/
>
> It's a better client than the standard GL.Lots of tweaks to do.I'm
> still running it in winXP and not even on,"Compatibilty" mode.

GLQuake 1.13 is Actually very much better than the 0.97.
Has more resolutions. Fog emulation. Better rendering etc etc.
But it won't work with my new graphic card. Really to bad.

I'll try the link and see how that works :-)
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53GHz, 512MB, MSI 7600GS, SB-Live

Shep©
January 24th 07, 02:27 AM
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 02:16:52 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition Lars-Erik Østerud <[email protected]> sent this
:

>> Try Zquake,
>> http://zquake.frag.ru/
>>
>> It's a better client than the standard GL.Lots of tweaks to do.I'm
>> still running it in winXP and not even on,"Compatibilty" mode.
>
>GLQuake 1.13 is Actually very much better than the 0.97.
>Has more resolutions. Fog emulation. Better rendering etc etc.
>But it won't work with my new graphic card. Really to bad.
>
>I'll try the link and see how that works :-)

It's ok but not as good as other clients if you want,"EyE Candy" as
well,

http://www.quakeforge.net/



--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=88558

McG.
January 24th 07, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the HU on ZQuake, I've got the stable 1.4 and new 1.7. How
bout hopping over to alt.games.quake and yak about this one? I'm an
old skooler still loves Quake :)
McG.

"Shep©" > wrote in message
...
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:01:07 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with
> confidence nor ability with ambition Lars-Erik Østerud <[email protected]> sent this
> :
>
>>I loved GLQuake 1.13a as I had some trouble with the 0.97 (it wouldn't
>>start until I switched active program back/forth)
>>
>>But after I upgraded my video card from a Nvidia Ti-4200 to a Nvidia
>>7600GS (same drivers) GLQuake 1.13a won't start. It crashes after
>>Quake has loaded all drivers (the main Quake screen comes up) and it
>>says an error occurred, details show that the error occured here:
>>
>>nvoglnt.dll (wild guess is that this is the Nvidia OpenGL driver)
>>
>>The 0.97 version works as always, so it's somthing in the new version
>>
>>Are there any command line switches I can add to debug, or to disable
>>some features. To isolate what is causing the GPF in the OpenGL DLL?
>
> Ooooh.And ,"Old School" player<grin>.
>
> Try Zquake,
> http://zquake.frag.ru/
>
> It's a better client than the standard GL.Lots of tweaks to do.I'm
> still running it in winXP and not even on,"Compatibilty" mode.
>
> If you want to try Compatibility mode on your present client then just
> right click on the GL quake .exe you are using/properties/Run this
> Blah Blah Compatibility and choose say Win98.
>
> Note: I still load from a .bat file even in WinXP pointed to in an old
> hacked version of Gamespy,
>
> zqwcl-gl.exe -width 800 -conwidth 600 -conheight 600 -heapsize 100000
> SET SST_SCREENREFRESH=75
>
> I could go way higher on res but I love the Mega speed of running an
> old win95 game on an AMd XP 3800<BFG).
>
> I get a timerefresh of 2,400 + FPS Heh Fu**ing Heh :D
>
> I wish some of the younger guys would go retro and play the old GL
> online.It's the best and dirtiest onliner and all free and plays
> like,"SH*T off a Stick" on modern systems.Still quite a few servers to
> play on as well :)
>
>
>
>
> --
> Free Windows/PC help,
> http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=88558

Lars-Erik Østerud
January 24th 07, 04:14 AM
Shep© wrote:

> It's ok but not as good as other clients if you want,"EyE Candy" as
> http://www.quakeforge.net/

Does this work for single-player, zquake did not here
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53GHz, 512MB, MSI 7600GS, SB-Live

Larry Roberts
January 24th 07, 10:22 AM
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 02:16:52 +0100, Lars-Erik Østerud <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Try Zquake,
>> http://zquake.frag.ru/
>>
>> It's a better client than the standard GL.Lots of tweaks to do.I'm
>> still running it in winXP and not even on,"Compatibilty" mode.
>
>GLQuake 1.13 is Actually very much better than the 0.97.
>Has more resolutions. Fog emulation. Better rendering etc etc.
>But it won't work with my new graphic card. Really to bad.
>
>I'll try the link and see how that works :-)


Have you tried Quake Tenebrae? It's a mod that gives stencil
shadows and per pixel lighting to Quake. I've ran it on my GF 3 Ti200,
GF 4 Ti4400, 6600GT, and my current 7600GT. It pla`yed smoothly on all
the cards, and looks great. You can check it out here.
http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/index.php

Shep©
January 24th 07, 03:28 PM
On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:06:22 -0600 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition "McG."
> sent this :

>Thanks for the HU on ZQuake, I've got the stable 1.4 and new 1.7. How
>bout hopping over to alt.games.quake and yak about this one? I'm an
>old skooler still loves Quake :)
>McG.

I'll check it out =)


--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=88558

Shep©
January 24th 07, 03:28 PM
On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 04:14:02 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition Lars-Erik Østerud <[email protected]> sent this
:

>Shep© wrote:
>
>> It's ok but not as good as other clients if you want,"EyE Candy" as
>> http://www.quakeforge.net/
>
>Does this work for single-player, zquake did not here

No sorry.It's a online only project.



--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/trouble.html
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=88558

Venger
February 21st 07, 08:36 AM
"Shep©" > wrote in message
...
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 15:01:07 +0100 I never confuse arrogance with
> confidence nor ability with ambition Lars-Erik Østerud <[email protected]> sent this
> :
>
> I wish some of the younger guys would go retro and play the old GL
> online.It's the best and dirtiest onliner and all free and plays
> like,"SH*T off a Stick" on modern systems.Still quite a few servers to
> play on as well :)

Love Quake... still my favorite FPS... best RL...

Fired it up a few days ago and played some CTF... man, it's been a while...
and it showed.

Venger