PDA

View Full Version : Probably asking too much - automation

Sam
January 20th 07, 04:16 AM
Hi,

I have the FX 5600 Ultra with driver v93.71. When I play games, I
like to use the TV-out on some of them and have to change the
settings 'every' time I play. First - lower the res to 1024x768 on
the monitor or the TV flickers too much. (weird, I know) Then
change it so the TV is the primary monitor to resolve other issues
with certian games. (Dual view mode) Then after playing, I have to
reverse the steps to get back to normal. Is there a way to script
or some how set this up to automate when a game is triggered or a
profile is selected? Hopefully I'm not expecting too much.

Sam

Jason A
January 20th 07, 02:43 PM
You could try a freeware utility called AutoIT...
http://www.autoitscript.com/

I've got a game that Windows doesn't "see" when playing, so the
screensaver kicks on when playing, wrote a short little script to change
the registry key for screen saver to turn off the screensaver. On
ending the game, it re-enables the screensaver.

Sam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the FX 5600 Ultra with driver v93.71. When I play games, I
> like to use the TV-out on some of them and have to change the
> settings 'every' time I play. First - lower the res to 1024x768 on
> the monitor or the TV flickers too much. (weird, I know) Then
> change it so the TV is the primary monitor to resolve other issues
> with certian games. (Dual view mode) Then after playing, I have to
> reverse the steps to get back to normal. Is there a way to script
> or some how set this up to automate when a game is triggered or a
> profile is selected? Hopefully I'm not expecting too much.
>
> Sam

First of One
January 21st 07, 04:30 AM
That's pretty strange. Even if windows doesn't detect the application taking
over in fullscreen mode, it should still pick up inputs from the mouse and
keyboard. Unless, of course, you happen to be using a joystick or pad.

"Jason A" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] .com...
> You could try a freeware utility called AutoIT...
> http://www.autoitscript.com/
>
> I've got a game that Windows doesn't "see" when playing, so the
> screensaver kicks on when playing, wrote a short little script to change
> the registry key for screen saver to turn off the screensaver. On ending
> the game, it re-enables the screensaver.

Sam
January 21st 07, 03:58 PM
I don't know abything about scripting but if it will solve my
problem then it's worth learning. Thanks for the info.

Sam

"Jason A" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] .com...
| You could try a freeware utility called AutoIT...
| http://www.autoitscript.com/
|
| I've got a game that Windows doesn't "see" when playing, so the
| screensaver kicks on when playing, wrote a short little script to
change
| the registry key for screen saver to turn off the screensaver.
On
| ending the game, it re-enables the screensaver.
|
| Sam wrote:
| > Hi,
| >
| > I have the FX 5600 Ultra with driver v93.71. When I play games,
| > like to use the TV-out on some of them and have to change the
| > settings 'every' time I play. First - lower the res to 1024x768
on
| > the monitor or the TV flickers too much. (weird, I know) Then
| > change it so the TV is the primary monitor to resolve other
issues
| > with certian games. (Dual view mode) Then after playing, I have
| > reverse the steps to get back to normal. Is there a way to
script
| > or some how set this up to automate when a game is triggered or
| > profile is selected? Hopefully I'm not expecting too much.
| >
| > Sam

Jason A
January 21st 07, 09:09 PM
Yah, it's a flight sim (X-Plane 8, if you're curious)