PDA

View Full Version : No VGA with dual monitor cards that have DVI?

Signals
January 6th 07, 02:20 AM
Hello everyone!

I have two EVGA Nvidia cards, one is an FX5200, and a ti4200, both with
at least 1 vga out and 1 DVI out. I seem to have a problem with both of
them, the DVI port only wants to work! I have just recently noticed
this now, as they were given to me. I don't know how to get around
this! For the 4200, I have a DVI adapter and can use my VGA flat panel
with it, but on either card, if I wanted to use the VGA port and
completely ignore the DVI, I get no signal errors on bootup from my
monitor.

I can try to provide more info, but can anybody help me?

First of One
January 6th 07, 03:20 AM
What if you do a hot-swap and move your flat panel from the DVI port to the
VGA port?

Those cards may have been given to you because the VGA connectors are
borked.

"Signals" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have two EVGA Nvidia cards, one is an FX5200, and a ti4200, both with
> at least 1 vga out and 1 DVI out. I seem to have a problem with both of
> them, the DVI port only wants to work! I have just recently noticed
> this now, as they were given to me. I don't know how to get around
> this! For the 4200, I have a DVI adapter and can use my VGA flat panel
> with it, but on either card, if I wanted to use the VGA port and
> completely ignore the DVI, I get no signal errors on bootup from my
> monitor.
>
> I can try to provide more info, but can anybody help me?

Signals
January 7th 07, 04:48 AM
First of One wrote:
> What if you do a hot-swap and move your flat panel from the DVI port to the
> VGA port?
>
> Those cards may have been given to you because the VGA connectors are
> borked.

> "Signals" > wrote in message
> ps.com...
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > I have two EVGA Nvidia cards, one is an FX5200, and a ti4200, both with
> > at least 1 vga out and 1 DVI out. I seem to have a problem with both of
> > them, the DVI port only wants to work! I have just recently noticed
> > this now, as they were given to me. I don't know how to get around
> > this! For the 4200, I have a DVI adapter and can use my VGA flat panel
> > with it, but on either card, if I wanted to use the VGA port and
> > completely ignore the DVI, I get no signal errors on bootup from my
> > monitor.
> >
> > I can try to provide more info, but can anybody help me?

When I try to hot swap to vga, I still get no video from it. The cards
were both practically new when given to me, I wouldn't rule out
borkedness, but one came with a gently used workstation I got and the
other was only used for a few months before being upgraded from.

Any more ideas? There's really nothing that can be done, it seems?