PDA

View Full Version : AMD's R600 GPU delayed until March due to silicon re-spin ?


John Lewis
January 3rd 07, 11:31 PM
See:-

http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/11535

John Lewis

First of One
January 4th 07, 12:22 AM
Yep, article which in turn points to the Inquirer...
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36673

--
"War is the continuation of politics by other means.
It can therefore be said that politics is war without
bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."

"John Lewis" > wrote in message
...
> See:-
>
> http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/11535
>
> John Lewis

Tony DiMarzio
January 4th 07, 12:30 AM
"John Lewis" > wrote in message
...
> See:-
>
> http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/11535
>
> John Lewis

Were you smiling when you read the article and posted this, John?

Tony

flexy
January 4th 07, 12:08 PM
"Tony DiMarzio" > wrote in message
...
> "John Lewis" > wrote in message
> ...
>> See:-
>>
>> http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/11535
>>
>> John Lewis
>
> Were you smiling when you read the article and posted this, John?
>
> Tony
>

isn't it always their time (march, cebit time) when ATi releases new cards ?

I would be *extremely* surprised seein new ATI cards before mar/april..but
then this is sad since vista/DX10 will be be out sooner :)

greets

First of One
January 5th 07, 12:47 AM
Well, according to this new site, which is supposed to be a front for ATi's
marketing department, they are encouraging users of the 8800GTX to trade in
their cards for R600 on *January 22*. http://level505.com/

--
"War is the continuation of politics by other means.
It can therefore be said that politics is war without
bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."

"flexy" > wrote in message
...
> isn't it always their time (march, cebit time) when ATi releases new cards
> ?
>
> I would be *extremely* surprised seein new ATI cards before mar/april..but
> then this is sad since vista/DX10 will be be out sooner :)
>
> greets
>
>

88
January 5th 07, 11:51 AM
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 05:08:32 -0600, "flexy" > wrote:


>
>isn't it always their time (march, cebit time) when ATi releases new cards ?
>
>I would be *extremely* surprised seein new ATI cards before mar/april..but
>then this is sad since vista/DX10 will be be out sooner :)
>
>greets
>

I wonder how many game consoles Vista/DX10 is going to sell ;)

Tony DiMarzio
January 5th 07, 04:34 PM
"First of One" <[email protected]> wrote in message
...
> Well, according to this new site, which is supposed to be a front for
> ATi's marketing department, they are encouraging users of the 8800GTX to
> trade in their cards for R600 on *January 22*. http://level505.com/
>
> --
> "War is the continuation of politics by other means.
> It can therefore be said that politics is war without
> bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."

I've got a feeling level505 will go down in infamy.
Or.... by some stretch of probability, their site could turn out to be
completely legitimate.

Either way, they are getting a ton of traffic and ad money ;)

Tony

> "flexy" > wrote in message
> ...
>> isn't it always their time (march, cebit time) when ATi releases new
>> cards ?
>>
>> I would be *extremely* surprised seein new ATI cards before
>> mar/april..but then this is sad since vista/DX10 will be be out sooner :)
>>
>> greets
>>
>>
>
>

John Lewis
January 5th 07, 05:59 PM
On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:30:20 -0500, "Tony DiMarzio"
> wrote:

>"John Lewis" > wrote in message
...
>> See:-
>>
>> http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/11535
>>
>> John Lewis
>
>Were you smiling when you read the article and posted this, John?
>
>Tony
>
>

Not really. Competition is good for the consumer. I was hoping that
availability of the R600 would drive 8800-series prices down to my
'comfort-level' :-) :-)

John Lewis

First of One
January 6th 07, 12:08 AM
That depends. Windows and Office are traditionally cash cows. However, when
Microsoft collects a tax (sorry, licensing fee) for every XBox game sold...

--
"War is the continuation of politics by other means.
It can therefore be said that politics is war without
bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."

<88> wrote in message ...
> I wonder how many game consoles Vista/DX10 is going to sell ;)
>
>

McG.
January 18th 07, 03:23 AM
"John Lewis" > wrote in message
...
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 18:30:20 -0500, "Tony DiMarzio"
> > wrote:
>
>>"John Lewis" > wrote in message
...
>>> See:-
>>>
>>> http://techreport.com/onearticle.x/11535
>>>
>>> John Lewis
>>
>>Were you smiling when you read the article and posted this, John?
>>
>>Tony
>>
>>
>
> Not really. Competition is good for the consumer. I was hoping that
> availability of the R600 would drive 8800-series prices down to my
> 'comfort-level' :-) :-)
>
> John Lewis
>

That'd be quite a jump. 7800GTX SLI to 8800GTX SLI :o)
McG.