PDA

View Full Version : Can the HDD on a Presario 1200 XL100 be upgraded?

Nick
December 29th 06, 10:08 PM
Hi,

I have a Compaq Presario 1200 XL110 with standard 6.4GB hard drive
that needs replacement due to increasing bad sectors. Is there a
relatively painless way to upgrade this notebook to a 20 or 40GB HDD?
Any help and info is appreciated. Thanks.

Nick

BIOS: PhoenixBios 4.0 Release 6.
BIOS version 0F12
Copyright 1985-1999
Fixed Disk 0: Hitachi_DK239A-65

HH
December 30th 06, 04:06 PM
Might have an 8 GB HD size limit on that model. I'd e-mail Compaq support
and ask.

HH