PDA

View Full Version : 2 Monitors Problem

Dan
December 29th 06, 09:12 PM
On my laptop when I have my HDTV connected through VGA I'm able to use the
TV as an extended desktop.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this using my Geforce 6600GT. It
detects both displays using Nvidia control panel but only seems to have the
options of cloning and spanning (where the whole taskbar gets stretched
across two monitors.

I don't know if I've made myself clear but can anyone offer advice please?

Thankyou

Dan

Conor
December 30th 06, 02:14 AM
In article >, Dan
says...
> On my laptop when I have my HDTV connected through VGA I'm able to use the
> TV as an extended desktop.
>
> I can't seem to figure out how to do this using my Geforce 6600GT. It
> detects both displays using Nvidia control panel but only seems to have the
> options of cloning and spanning (where the whole taskbar gets stretched
> across two monitors.
>
> I don't know if I've made myself clear but can anyone offer advice please?

What do you think spanning is?

--
Conor

"You're not married,you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart

Dan
December 30th 06, 10:53 AM
"Conor" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, Dan
> says...
>> On my laptop when I have my HDTV connected through VGA I'm able to use
>> the
>> TV as an extended desktop.
>>
>> I can't seem to figure out how to do this using my Geforce 6600GT. It
>> detects both displays using Nvidia control panel but only seems to have
>> the
>> options of cloning and spanning (where the whole taskbar gets stretched
>> across two monitors.
>>
>> I don't know if I've made myself clear but can anyone offer advice
>> please?
>>
> What do you think spanning is?

What do you think being an arse is? If you bothered to read my post you
would of noticed I tried spanning but it streches the whole taskbar unlike
extended desktop.

****

Dan