PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia 7900 GT Question

CCK
December 29th 06, 06:10 AM
When I go into the clock settings/timings in the control panel for the card,
it is showing the core clock at 475 MHz and the memory clock at 680 MHz.
The advertised speeds are 475/1360. Why is it only showing half of the
advertised speed? Is there an assumed 2x multiplier in there somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

CK

RF
December 29th 06, 06:31 AM
"CCK" > wrote in message
et...
> When I go into the clock settings/timings in the control panel for the
> card, it is showing the core clock at 475 MHz and the memory clock at 680
> MHz. The advertised speeds are 475/1360. Why is it only showing half of
> the advertised speed? Is there an assumed 2x multiplier in there
> somewhere?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> CK

Yes. It's 1360 effective speed and 680 actual since it's DDR, or double
data rate.