PDA

View Full Version : GeForce 7600 GT

Anonymous
December 23rd 06, 11:38 PM
Just picked up an EVGA GeForce 7600 GT, uninstalled my old NVIDIA drivers,
went to NVIDIA.com and downloaded/installed the new driver. When I go to
the nvidia control panel and I go to the 3D settings, I do not see an
overclocking option as the help states that I should. Am I doing something
wrong, or is it simply that the EVGA card is crap and doesn't support
overclocking of the chip? Thanks!

Conor
December 24th 06, 01:02 AM
In article >, Anonymous
says...
> Just picked up an EVGA GeForce 7600 GT, uninstalled my old NVIDIA drivers,
> went to NVIDIA.com and downloaded/installed the new driver. When I go to
> the nvidia control panel and I go to the 3D settings, I do not see an
> overclocking option as the help states that I should. Am I doing something
> wrong, or is it simply that the EVGA card is crap and doesn't support
> overclocking of the chip? Thanks!

You need to enable the Classic Control Panel and not the new bag of
****.

--
Conor

"You're not married,you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart

Mr.E Solved!
December 24th 06, 06:31 AM
Anonymous wrote:
> Just picked up an EVGA GeForce 7600 GT, uninstalled my old NVIDIA drivers,
> went to NVIDIA.com and downloaded/installed the new driver. When I go to
> the nvidia control panel and I go to the 3D settings, I do not see an
> overclocking option as the help states that I should. Am I doing something
> wrong, or is it simply that the EVGA card is crap and doesn't support
> overclocking of the chip? Thanks!

You need to enable 'coolbits' a registry file you can download here,
which turns on many hidden but useful forceware features.

In addition, you can install ntune, which is coolbits for your
motherboard, cpu and ram, it installs and runs inside the nvidia control
panel gui.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility.html

You can use coolbits in either the classic or new control panel.

Anonymous
December 24th 06, 03:45 PM
Ntune works, I can overclock that way; however, the coolbits file that you
pointed me to does not work. Has nvidia moved the overclocking
functionality to the ntune program?

"Mr.E Solved!" > wrote in message
. ..
> Anonymous wrote:
>> Just picked up an EVGA GeForce 7600 GT, uninstalled my old NVIDIA
>> drivers, went to NVIDIA.com and downloaded/installed the new driver.
>> When I go to the nvidia control panel and I go to the 3D settings, I do
>> not see an overclocking option as the help states that I should. Am I
>> doing something wrong, or is it simply that the EVGA card is crap and
>> doesn't support overclocking of the chip? Thanks!
>
> You need to enable 'coolbits' a registry file you can download here, which
> turns on many hidden but useful forceware features.
>
> http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=815
>
> In addition, you can install ntune, which is coolbits for your
> motherboard, cpu and ram, it installs and runs inside the nvidia control
> panel gui.
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/sysutility.html
>
> You can use coolbits in either the classic or new control panel.

Shepİ
December 25th 06, 02:20 AM
On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 08:45:42 -0600 Too Much Ying and you will Pay With
Yang then "Anonymous" > sent this :

>Ntune works, I can overclock that way; however, the coolbits file that you
>pointed me to does not work. Has nvidia moved the overclocking
>functionality to the ntune program?

I think so.

--
Free Windows/PC help,

December 25th 06, 07:54 PM
if you pop on to www.guru3d.com and download RIVATUNER it will give
you options to overclock the gpu and memory. there are lots of other
third party ones also