PDA

View Full Version : Direct purchase from NVidia or AMD(ATI)

herringjelly
December 7th 06, 07:52 PM
Anybody purchased an NVidia or AMD(ATI) card directly from NVidia or
AMD(or previously the ATI site)? Good or bad experience?

Thanks,

herringjelly

David Vair
December 7th 06, 09:01 PM
NVidia only makes the chips that go on the cards, they do not sell the cards themselves.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

"herringjelly" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Anybody purchased an NVidia or AMD(ATI) card directly from NVidia or
> AMD(or previously the ATI site)? Good or bad experience?
>
> Thanks,
>
> herringjelly

herringjelly
December 8th 06, 06:36 AM
Thanks for the response. I was under the (incorrect) impression that
you could do so. I guess it was just through ATI.

herringjelly

David Vair wrote:
> NVidia only makes the chips that go on the cards, they do not sell the cards themselves.
> --
> Dave Vair
> CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+
>
> "herringjelly" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > Anybody purchased an NVidia or AMD(ATI) card directly from NVidia or
> > AMD(or previously the ATI site)? Good or bad experience?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > herringjelly

don't look
December 9th 06, 05:33 AM
They don't even make chips.All they do is design chips and cards.