PDA

View Full Version : Is My motherBoard PCI Express Compatiable??

Apocolypse
October 31st 06, 12:18 AM
Hey I dont know much about PC's and such But I Been
looking into the newer Video Cards and they say your Motherboard Must
be PCI Express Compatiable.How do I know if Mine Is??Here is The Info
on my PC and the info That I could Find On the Motherboard:

Compaq Presario 6000T
2.66 GHZ
1024 DDR Ram
Windows Xp (SP2)
and here is all the info I have found with some programs about my
Motherboard:
Motherboard Vendor:Microstar-International
Model:6A69VM4W
SERIAL#:311145336
Chipset Model:Intel 845(Brookdale Chipset)
BIOS MODEL:PHOENIX-AWARD BIOS v6.00PG
VENDOR:AWARD SOFTWARE INC.
BIOS I.D.:2/14/03-i845G-W627-6A69VM4WC-00
BIOS DATE:2/14/03

iF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH this info i need is this motheroard PCI
Express Compatiable Please Let me know or let me know if you need
additional info or the info on where to find out:)Thank You,

Brian

craigm
October 31st 06, 12:31 AM
Apocolypse wrote:

> Hey I dont know much about PC's and such But I Been
> looking into the newer Video Cards and they say your Motherboard Must
> be PCI Express Compatiable.How do I know if Mine Is??Here is The Info
> on my PC and the info That I could Find On the Motherboard:
>
> Compaq Presario 6000T
> 2.66 GHZ
> 1024 DDR Ram
> Windows Xp (SP2)
> and here is all the info I have found with some programs about my
> Motherboard:
> Motherboard Vendor:Microstar-International
> Model:6A69VM4W
> SERIAL#:311145336
> Chipset Model:Intel 845(Brookdale Chipset)
> BIOS MODEL:PHOENIX-AWARD BIOS v6.00PG
> VENDOR:AWARD SOFTWARE INC.
> BIOS I.D.:2/14/03-i845G-W627-6A69VM4WC-00
> BIOS DATE:2/14/03
>
> iF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH this info i need is this motheroard PCI
> Express Compatiable Please Let me know or let me know if you need
> additional info or the info on where to find out:)Thank You,
>
> Brian

Did you look on HP's site?

Did you open the case and look?

I don't think so.

Ben Myers
October 31st 06, 12:36 AM
A motherboard with the Intel 845 chipset does not have a PCI Express slot. For
PCI Express, the board needs an Intel 900-series chipset... Ben Myers

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 23:18:54 -0000, (Apocolypse) wrote:

>Hey I dont know much about PC's and such But I Been
>looking into the newer Video Cards and they say your Motherboard Must
>be PCI Express Compatiable.How do I know if Mine Is??Here is The Info
>on my PC and the info That I could Find On the Motherboard:
>
>Compaq Presario 6000T
>2.66 GHZ
>1024 DDR Ram
>Windows Xp (SP2)
>and here is all the info I have found with some programs about my
>Motherboard:
>Motherboard Vendor:Microstar-International
>Model:6A69VM4W
>SERIAL#:311145336
>Chipset Model:Intel 845(Brookdale Chipset)
>BIOS MODEL:PHOENIX-AWARD BIOS v6.00PG
>VENDOR:AWARD SOFTWARE INC.
>BIOS I.D.:2/14/03-i845G-W627-6A69VM4WC-00
>BIOS DATE:2/14/03
>
>iF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH this info i need is this motheroard PCI
>Express Compatiable Please Let me know or let me know if you need
>additional info or the info on where to find out:)Thank You,
>
>Brian

HH
October 31st 06, 03:12 AM
Nope. your motherboard has an AGP video slot, not PCI Express.

HH

"Apocolypse" > wrote in message
> Hey I dont know much about PC's and such But I Been
> looking into the newer Video Cards and they say your Motherboard Must
> be PCI Express Compatiable.How do I know if Mine Is??Here is The Info
> on my PC and the info That I could Find On the Motherboard:
>
> Compaq Presario 6000T
> 2.66 GHZ
> 1024 DDR Ram
> Windows Xp (SP2)
> and here is all the info I have found with some programs about my
> Motherboard:
> Motherboard Vendor:Microstar-International
> Model:6A69VM4W
> SERIAL#:311145336
> Chipset Model:Intel 845(Brookdale Chipset)
> BIOS MODEL:PHOENIX-AWARD BIOS v6.00PG
> VENDOR:AWARD SOFTWARE INC.
> BIOS I.D.:2/14/03-i845G-W627-6A69VM4WC-00
> BIOS DATE:2/14/03
>
> iF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH this info i need is this motheroard PCI
> Express Compatiable Please Let me know or let me know if you need
> additional info or the info on where to find out:)Thank You,
>
> Brian

November 7th 06, 08:51 AM
Apocolypse wrote:
> Hey I dont know much about PC's and such But I Been
> looking into the newer Video Cards and they say your Motherboard Must
> be PCI Express Compatiable.How do I know if Mine Is??Here is The Info
> on my PC and the info That I could Find On the Motherboard:
>
> Compaq Presario 6000T

No. It does not have PCIe.