PDA

View Full Version : Please help....Thanks in Advance

October 24th 06, 03:34 PM
I want to upgrade my windows to XP Pro rather than do a system restore which installs XP Home
My problem is, the model I have SR1839uk does not have a floppy drive, so how do i install the drivers for
the SATA hard drive after I press F6 to install 3rd party drivers.
I havent yet tried this want advice before I start.....Thanks for any help anyone can give.......

craigm
October 24th 06, 03:54 PM
wrote:

> I want to upgrade my windows to XP Pro rather than do a system restore
> which installs XP Home My problem is, the model I have SR1839uk does not
> have a floppy drive, so how do i install the drivers for
> the SATA hard drive after I press F6 to install 3rd party drivers.
> I havent yet tried this want advice before I start.....Thanks for any
> help anyone can give.......

You could open the box and connect a floppy drive for the install.

You may be able to put the drivers on a CD and use them from there.

A USB floppy may also work.