PDA

View Full Version : Proliant ML370 - ACPI in Fedora

Mike Yates
September 21st 06, 10:26 AM
Hi
I've put FC5 on an old ML370 and it won't control the fans.
I have the Software Maintenance Packs up to v7.4 with the Linux
Proliant
Support Pack, but it won't install in Fedora - says it only supports
RHEL3&4
I think I can fiddle it, but...

Has anyone done this before?

Mike Yates
October 5th 06, 03:50 PM
I have got the "hprsm" drivers which control the fans installed by
installing just two of the many RPMs in the script-controlled HP
installation.
I had to try RHEL for 30 days for another purpose anyway, so ran the
script there (hugely complex!) and watched which module silenced the
fans.
It was hprsm-7.4.0-50.rhel4.i386.rpm.tar.gz but it is dependant on
hpasm-7.4.0-56.rhel4.i386.rpm.tar.gz
They both gave off lots of errors in running their scripts, but the
fans fell silent at last!