PDA

View Full Version : Jumper settings needed for Compaq motherboard 191767-003

DARY
September 12th 06, 02:17 AM
Jumper settings needed for Compaq motherboard 191767-003

I need the jumper settings and front panel connections for a
Compaq motherboard 191767-003 that came out of a Presario 5000.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ben Myers
September 12th 06, 02:54 AM
On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:17:48 -0400, DARY > wrote:

>Jumper settings needed for Compaq motherboard 191767-003
>
>I need the jumper settings and front panel connections for a
>Compaq motherboard 191767-003 that came out of a Presario 5000.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.

DARY,

I'm assuming that you want to know what the pins do on the 20-pin header next to
the floppy diskette connector. Compaq Presarios of this vintage all use the
same pinout, because Compaq used a standard wiring harness and connector to the
front panel buttons. The function of the other 2- and 3-pin headers on the
motherboard are usually marked quite clearly.

The 20-pin header is laid out like this, looking at the board with the floppy
connector towards the bottom:

x x X x x x x X K x
x x X x K o x X K x

where the "o" is an absence of a pin, to match with connector.

The leftmost pair of large X's are attached to an on-off momentary switch.
The rightmost pair of large X's are attached to green LED, probably the HDD
active LED,
The three pins marked "K" are attached to a tri-state yellow LED, probably the
power LED with one state indicating a hibernating computer.

I have the motherboard and wiring harness here, but not a Presario case which I
threw back in the pile at the town dump, so I can't tell you which LED is the
power LED and which is the hard drive LED for certain.

The other pins on the header are not used on a Presario. One of the pairs may
do a hard reset the motherboard, but the Presario chassis has no reset button.

.... Ben Myers