PDA

View Full Version : Compaq P4 AGP video card

Haggar
August 31st 06, 10:22 PM
What can I use in this machine for a 64mb gaming type card?

Ben Myers
September 1st 06, 12:26 AM
And which model of Compaq P4 do you have? It DOES have an AGP slot? Just
about any 64MB card with nVidia or ATI chipset would probably be sufficient.
Consult the gamer's web sites for more specific information... Ben Myers

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:22:43 GMT, "Haggar" > wrote:

>What can I use in this machine for a 64mb gaming type card?

Haggar
September 1st 06, 06:42 PM
is there a sticker that will tell me? Its P4 1.4 or 6. It does have AGP
slot.
"Ben Myers" > wrote in message
> And which model of Compaq P4 do you have? It DOES have an AGP slot?
> Just
> about any 64MB card with nVidia or ATI chipset would probably be
> sufficient.
> Consult the gamer's web sites for more specific information... Ben Myers
>
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 21:22:43 GMT, "Haggar" >
> wrote:
>
>>What can I use in this machine for a 64mb gaming type card?

Ben Myers
September 1st 06, 07:15 PM
The most important thing is that the computer has an AGP slot. Some do not.
Because the computer is a Pentium 4, it can use a newer low-voltage AGP card, or
one which is made to operate at both AGP voltages... Ben Myers