PDA

View Full Version : Armada M700 laptop problems

***** charles
August 31st 06, 02:58 AM
Hi all,

I have two questions:

1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?

2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
since that choice does not show up in the
boot list inside the cmos?

thanks,
charles.....

***** charles
August 31st 06, 03:41 AM
> Hi all,
>
> I have two questions:
>
> 1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?
>
> 2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
> since that choice does not show up in the
> boot list inside the cmos?
>
> thanks,
> charles.....

I figured out number 1.

Number 2 is a lot tuffer. The only choices in the
cmos are: detatchable bay, hard drive and net
boot. If I could get it to boot to the dvd drive
I could reinstall the OS. Any suggestions?

thanks,
charles......

John F. Eldredge
August 31st 06, 04:32 AM
On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 02:41:57 GMT, "***** charles"
> wrote:

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?
>>
>> 2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
>> since that choice does not show up in the
>> boot list inside the cmos?
>>
>> thanks,
>> charles.....
>
>I figured out number 1.
>
>Number 2 is a lot tuffer. The only choices in the
>cmos are: detatchable bay, hard drive and net
>boot. If I could get it to boot to the dvd drive
>I could reinstall the OS. Any suggestions?

What happens if you tell it to boot from the detachable bay? If you
are dealing with an internal DVD drive, it is probably in the
detachable bay. If you are dealing with an external USB drive, you
probably won't be able to boot from it.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from http://pgp.mit.edu

NoNoBadDog!
August 31st 06, 10:40 AM
"***** charles" > wrote in message
m...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?
>>
>> 2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
>> since that choice does not show up in the
>> boot list inside the cmos?
>>
>> thanks,
>> charles.....
>
> I figured out number 1.
>
> Number 2 is a lot tuffer. The only choices in the
> cmos are: detatchable bay, hard drive and net
> boot. If I could get it to boot to the dvd drive
> I could reinstall the OS. Any suggestions?
>
> thanks,
> charles......

Detachable Bay = bay the DVD Drive is in.....

Bobby

***** charles
August 31st 06, 04:49 PM
"NoNoBadDog!" > wrote in message
news:[email protected] net...

> "***** charles" > wrote in message
> m...
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I have two questions:
> >>
> >> 1. how do I get the battery out of this thing?
> >>
> >> 2. how do I get it to boot to the dvd drive
> >> since that choice does not show up in the
> >> boot list inside the cmos?
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> charles.....
> >
> > I figured out number 1.
> >
> > Number 2 is a lot tuffer. The only choices in the
> > cmos are: detatchable bay, hard drive and net
> > boot. If I could get it to boot to the dvd drive
> > I could reinstall the OS. Any suggestions?
> >
> > thanks,
> > charles......
>
> Detachable Bay = bay the DVD Drive is in.....
>
> Bobby

Thanks for the responses guys. I chose the
it gave me a message saying hit any key to
boot from the cd. After that it booted to the
Windows 2000 Pro OEM cd just fine.

Nice little laptop but it runs a little hot.

later.....