PDA

View Full Version : Compaq Presario Volume Control Buttons in Windows 95

Was Immer
August 11th 06, 11:52 AM
I have 2 old Compaq Presario Computers

One is a Compaq Presario 4640 and the other a Presario 2100

Anyhow - they both have the Volume Control buttons (+ and -) on
the front of the case.

I am running Windows 95 and I cannot get the buttons to work.

Apparently you need a piece of software to tell windows what
these buttons do.

Anyonw know where I can get the software. The COMPAQ website
does not have drivers for these buttons.

I need this for Windows 95 - and again just to restate - I need
to get the volume control buttons to work - this has nothing to
do with the sound card.

Any help please. I am pulling out my hair trying to get this to
work!

THANKS a million in advance!!!!!!!!!1

Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28
* Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
* http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

NoNoBadDog!
August 18th 06, 02:19 AM
"Was Immer" > wrote in message
g.com...
>I have 2 old Compaq Presario Computers
>
> One is a Compaq Presario 4640 and the other a Presario 2100
>
> Anyhow - they both have the Volume Control buttons (+ and -) on
> the front of the case.
>
> I am running Windows 95 and I cannot get the buttons to work.
>
> Apparently you need a piece of software to tell windows what
> these buttons do.
>
> Anyonw know where I can get the software. The COMPAQ website
> does not have drivers for these buttons.
>
> I need this for Windows 95 - and again just to restate - I need
> to get the volume control buttons to work - this has nothing to
> do with the sound card.
>
> Any help please. I am pulling out my hair trying to get this to
> work!
>
> THANKS a million in advance!!!!!!!!!1

> Posted with NewsLeecher v1.0 beta 28
> * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
> * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

You are referring to the volume buttons on the CD tray?

they work only for headphones attached to the audio output of the CD
tray...not for the system audio.

Bobby