PDA

View Full Version : old compaq

August 10th 06, 03:53 AM
I have this old compaq machine that has a pentium processor that is at
least 6 inches long. So I could believe it to be an old machine. When I
first got it it came on but now when I turn it on it beeps twice than a
third beep and the number lock key continues to blink.

Can anybody help me with this problem. I know the machine is old but I
am trying to learn about the insides of them and I figured this would
be one to mess with in case it blows up.

HH
August 10th 06, 07:41 PM
It's an older DeskPro Pentium II or Pentium III box. Are you hearing two
short beeps then a long one? If so, that likely indicates a video problem,
either a separate card on on the motherboard.

HH

> wrote in message
ups.com...
>I have this old compaq machine that has a pentium processor that is at
> least 6 inches long. So I could believe it to be an old machine. When I
> first got it it came on but now when I turn it on it beeps twice than a
> third beep and the number lock key continues to blink.
>
> Can anybody help me with this problem. I know the machine is old but I
> am trying to learn about the insides of them and I figured this would
> be one to mess with in case it blows up.

ronnie
September 11th 06, 10:18 PM
check memory also